HEADS UP : Forum Upgrades in Progress - COMPLETED

Zstairlessone

Thanks for the update, also you unintentionally pointed out an addiction to me, I went into withdrawal for a few hours - the force is not strong in me :(

Always difficult to upgrade servers and minimize impact, looks like you did a great job!

jesse3638

Hooked
No wonder our phones and network went down at work. It must be the WAL tab I always have open as it allowed you to compromise our secure network..haha. Thanks for the time you and Cindy put in to keep this place up and running. Between this, all your other projects and wheeling when do you two sleep?..:crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that we need to bring the forum down again shortly to make a few more updates. We're hoping to have things up and running again in about an hour. We apologize for the trouble.

Hot94Z28

Hey everyone, just wanted to let you all know that we need to bring the forum down again shortly to make a few more updates. We're hoping to have things up and running again in about an hour. We apologize for the trouble.

Damn, this has been really cramping my browsing. Anyways carry on lol. BTW it does suck when this forum is down but I understand upgrades.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As I'm sure a lot of you noticed, we were down for quite a while last night and I should note, that was not something we were expecting. Unfortunately, we had a BIG problem occur during the final transfer to our new server and ended up spending the rest of the night and well into the morning trying to bring the forum back online. We were able to do so by reverting back to our old server and using a backup from late Sunday night but that means, all data from Monday was lost. We know things still aren't 100% back to normal and we're sorry for all the trouble. Please know that Cindy and I have been working throughout the night and are still hard at work trying get things back to normal again.

benatc1

Hooked
As I'm sure a lot of you noticed, we were down for quite a while last night and I should note, that was not something we were expecting. Unfortunately, we had a BIG problem occur during the final transfer to our new server and ended up spending the rest of the night and well into the morning trying to bring the forum back online. We were able to do so by reverting back to our old server and using a backup from late Sunday night but that means, all data from Monday was lost. We know things still aren't 100% back to normal and we're sorry for all the trouble. Please know that Cindy and I have been working throughout the night and are still hard at work trying get things back to normal again.

Keep up the good work! no trouble on my end, I know i really appreciate everything, as many do too. Thank you for all you do, hopefully you'll get some rest today

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the info and all the hard work!

FYI: Everything seems to be working fine in a web browser, it's only the app that I've had trouble with the past day.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks guys, we appreciate your understanding. We were finally able get back online and working closer to normal at about 3AM-PST. Unfortunately, we had to go backward to get here and so we'll still need to try the move again. Not sure when we'll be able to do that but I'll try to give a heads up before we do. As far as the app goes, the Android app should be working again and should be better than the previous version. As far as the iPhone app goes, we're at the mercy of Apple to approve our update and that can take anywhere from 5 days to a week or 2. :rolleyes2:

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
We appreciate all you do man. Sometimes things take a little longer then expected and your at the mercy of other people. It is what it is! Keep up the hard work, this forum would not be what it is without some down time every now and again! Thanks for providing this awesome community and trying to better it every chance you get

swampdog

We appreciate all you do man. Sometimes things take a little longer then expected and your at the mercy of other people. It is what it is! Keep up the hard work, this forum would not be what it is without some down time every now and again! Thanks for providing this awesome community and trying to better it every chance you get

Preach. You are spot on here.

There is no reason for Eddie to apologize for any of this. It's like bitching at the chef who is providing you with a free gourmet pizza because you had to wait 15 minutes for it. You are still getting a god damned free pizza, so be thankful.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Thank you. I think we could deal with the down time and maybe even the incompetence of others but the loss of data is frustrating to no end especially when it wasn't even our fault.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Woke up and tried it this morning and man what a difference. Love the layout of the new app. Great job!

Glad to hear it and we're sorry that it took so long to get.

Thanks for the hard work, it looks great so far!

Assuming you're referring to the app, glad to hear it.

Preach. You are spot on here.

There is no reason for Eddie to apologize for any of this. It's like bitching at the chef who is providing you with a free gourmet pizza because you had to wait 15 minutes for it. You are still getting a god damned free pizza, so be thankful.

LOL!! Thank you for your understanding and support.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Thank you. I think we could deal with the down time and maybe even the incompetence of others but the loss of data is frustrating to no end especially when it wasn't even our fault.

Yeah, i noticed the forum kind of "went back in time" and we lost some posts. But at the same time, im glad whoevers call it was to do so, seemed to temporarily solve the problem. Dont worry about us man, do what you gotta do. Technology has a funny way of working and sometimes, it takes a step back to gain a leap forward [emoji108]🏻

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, i noticed the forum kind of "went back in time" and we lost some posts. But at the same time, im glad whoevers call it was to do so, seemed to temporarily solve the problem. Dont worry about us man, do what you gotta do. Technology has a funny way of working and sometimes, it takes a step back to gain a leap forward [emoji108]🏻

LOL!! Well, again, we appreciate your understanding. Thank you. :yup:

+1 on the app! Awesome! :thumb: Thanks Eddie!

What we want to hear! :cool:

Top Bottom