Question for West Coast guys

hhunter050

So I've been watching a lot of Rubicon videos lately and I never see many 2dr...would yall say the longer wheelbase of a 4dr is better out there?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
A built up longer wheel base Jeep will allow you to climb up and over obstacles that back in the day, you'd just wiggle around in a 2-door. I've owned and wheeled both and without question, I prefer a 4-door. Also, out here, a lot of our trails are remote enough and long enough that many end up being camping trips. Needless to say, a 4-door will also allow you to carry a lot more gear.

hhunter050

A built up longer wheel base Jeep will allow you to climb up and over obstacles that back in the day, you'd just wiggle around in a 2-door. I've owned and wheeled both and without question, I prefer a 4-door. Also, out here, a lot of our trails are remote enough and long enough that many end up being camping trips. Needless to say, a 4-door will also allow you to carry a lot more gear.

Thank you for the answer! I just know that some of the parks over here you can definitely tell are more short wheelbase trails and a 4-door is absolute hell to wheel sometimes. Hoping to take one of those 4 day trips out there one of these days

robertoloco

I like the truck and trailer setup so you can put a camper on the truck and camp comfortably for days and be right near the action(not having to drive to motel)

benatc1

Hooked
wheeled the rubicon with a 2 door with the group and can for sure do a hell of a job, I was the only 2 door. but Eddie is right the extra room for camping is awesome, along with the longer wheel base. I have since moved to a 4 door for several reasons. the 2 door did great I'm my opinion but I'm very happy with my 4 door and looking fwd to hitting the trail again next year

cartertripp

Couldn't agree more with this post...

ob_tj

From what I have seen there are pros and cons of both. Me having a TJ and really only wheeling with friends that have JKUs I know that I can squeeze around stuff that they have to go over.

jkwebbie

Thank you for the answer! I just know that some of the parks over here you can definitely tell are more short wheelbase trails and a 4-door is absolute hell to wheel sometimes. Hoping to take one of those 4 day trips out there one of these days
Let's make a trip out there and I'll let you know how it goes lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

If any of you are running a 2dr let me know how it goes. Planning on either moab or the rubicon next simmer. Just depends on if my brother can take the time off from work to do moab or not. If he can't then I may just take my farsighted and do the rubicon. Not sure yet, but regardless I will be running it within the next couple years.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

mo0s3

The 2 door in our group had zero issues, as far as the gear he was loaded to the max lol

Randy Tadevich

If any of you are running a 2dr let me know how it goes. Planning on either moab or the rubicon next simmer. Just depends on if my brother can take the time off from work to do moab or not. If he can't then I may just take my farsighted and do the rubicon. Not sure yet, but regardless I will be running it within the next couple years.

If your doing the Ruby next summer and would like company let me know. I want to run it myself and surely don't want to run it alone.

Sent from my LGLS740 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

The 2 door in our group had zero issues, as far as the gear he was loaded to the max lol
Awesome thanks for that.
If your doing the Ruby next summer and would like company let me know. I want to run it myself and surely don't want to run it alone.

Sent from my LGLS740 using WAYALIFE mobile app
I will definitely let you know once I figure that part out. Mostly waiting on my brother to see if he will be able to go to moab or not next year. If he can't them I am thinking of running the rubicon with my daughter.

Top Bottom