white soft top ?

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
ok so I've been looking around for a soft top my only problem is I want one in white am thinking I am going to need to get it custom made since I am not finding anything other than black for a 16 jku ....... does anyone know if they make them in white or can be special ordered ? and if so who from ...

Napalm

I think the only colors they make a soft top in for the JKU is black diamond and khaki. Your best bet may be to go custom.

OhNoTheJiggies

I think rough country makes one in tan too. But if you got it in white, it would get really dirty really quickly. Even if you didn't ever go offroad.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I think the only colors they make a soft top in for the JKU is black diamond and khaki. Your best bet may be to go custom.
that's my thoughts as well but kinda hoping someone may know if I can custom order one from a company who already does them

I think rough country makes one in tan too. But if you got it in white, it would get really dirty really quickly. Even if you didn't ever go offroad.
mainly want it for the ease of not pulling the hard top solo like I have to do , just finished putting hard top on solo cause the rains coming to tyler .. otherwise it would still be off ...

its more due to when I have the top on I don't want to much black , heck getting my sliders done in white powdercoat and paying a little more for that for the same reason ...

Donner85

Check with quadratec, I believe their line of soft tops have some color choices. I remember seeing something in the magazine saying custom colors available, might have to call

BenJKWrangler15

ok so I've been looking around for a soft top my only problem is I want one in white am thinking I am going to need to get it custom made since I am not finding anything other than black for a 16 jku ....... does anyone know if they make them in white or can be special ordered ? and if so who from ...

You know what? Buy a used black one and fucking paint it. I mean, this way the fabric will be te EXACT same color as your Jeep and if you clear coat it real good, I bet that cleaning it up will be a piece of cake since your fabric will be engorged with paint and not leave any space for mud to grab a hold onto. But that's just me. Maybe add over the clear coat some mud proof spray, you know the kind you'd spray on shoes and clothes fabric?

That's how I'd do it.

geberhard

Douchebag
Spray painting the top will definitely be a ghetto mod :) I have a tan top with tinted windows I am not using, pm me if interested.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I won't paint fabric anyways so not even considering that idea .. checked quadratec and a few others no color options available so will end up going custom made like I was figuring I was going to need to do from the start but was hoping a vendor offered options for colors

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

geberhard

Douchebag
You gotta get out more often :) JK. There are several companies that make custom tops, and most GOOD upholstery and marina type shops will be able to do one for you. I had one made for a landcruiserbuggy and worked very well. B-D Company out of denver does custom tops, and one offs, so may be worth contacting them. unsure if it is a llowed to post a link to their business here (rules), but search for B-D company tops and they shoudl pop up.

But definitely ask yourself, do you really want a white soft top to bring back the 80's on your Jeep :crazyeyes:

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
You gotta get out more often :) JK. There are several companies that make custom tops, and most GOOD upholstery and marina type shops will be able to do one for you. I had one made for a landcruiserbuggy and worked very well. B-D Company out of denver does custom tops, and one offs, so may be worth contacting them. unsure if it is a llowed to post a link to their business here (rules), but search for B-D company tops and they shoudl pop up.

But definitely ask yourself, do you really want a white soft top to bring back the 80's on your Jeep :crazyeyes:

lol not doing it to bring back the 80's its more a look thing I am after along with ease of overall removal that a soft top allows for over the hard top .. hard top solo is a pita to put on and off , soft top less hassle , I prefer to run topless but that its a pain I rarely do so because tossing it on last minute for crap weather is that pain to do solo , where I live its a mix as far as weather goes with storms popping up at times with little advance warning so to have the hard top at home while I'm off at work it isn't like I can run home and pop it on , soft top folds up store it in the jeep or one of my boxes and boom can toss it on to cover up better than a tarp like I use now when the hard top is off ..
jeep is named storm trooper and going for the same style in the looks as the actual storm trooper armor 90 % white with 10% black accent so to add in the pure black soft top tosses in to much black in my opinion for that look overall ...........

pm me the link i'll give them a go and see if they can give it a go or if I need to go elsewhere

geberhard

Douchebag
Hehe no worries just teasing you. Pm'ed the company. If you have a good local marine shop or upholstery shop that would be the best bet. I took mine to the shop mocked up where the attachment points and zippers etc where going to be and came out great.

Good luck!

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Hehe no worries just teasing you. Pm'ed the company. If you have a good local marine shop or upholstery shop that would be the best bet. I took mine to the shop mocked up where the attachment points and zippers etc where going to be and came out great.

Good luck!

well bd has the material they got back to me this morning so that's a good thing now I just gotta get in touch with my guy to put it all together see what he will charge me to it and pick up the hardware for it ....

Top Bottom