Need help with lift

Leeboy03

I have been running a rock Krawler 2.5 kit on my jku for about 1.5 years now. Bilstein 5100 shocks and I'm finally over it. The ride is extremely harsh. I have gotten used to it for the most part but my wife and 3 year old can't stand it for long. And long trips even suck for me. Anyways, I'm looking to stay around 3 inches as I'll probably never run anything bigger than 37's but I would like to be able to center my rear axle back up. Right now my 35's are pretty far forward in the wheel well. I like the way the evo arms are adjustable when installed but they only offer the long arm kit and I'm not sure I need long arms with only 3" of lift. Thanks in advance for your help!

Tkelly5

From everything I have read on here you should just run the EVO plush ride. You may even be able to keep you shocks depending on the length of them. You may only need to change out the coils for a better ride.

I just re read your post, does your current lift have adjustable control arms? I am thinking part of your poor ride quality would have something to do with you saying your rear axle is forward. Maybe they are not set to the correct length. That would change your ride.

Last edited:

zimm

Caught the Bug
Which RK lift did you get? Does it have the triple rate springs? What tire pressure are you running? My RK flex 2.5 (front lower control arms only) rides better/smoother than stock and I'm running Fox IPF shocks and 35psi.

aermid

I'm also running RK2.5 flex with rancho 9000. adjusting the shocks was enough for me; was super squishy at first

Leeboy03

I have the 2.5 flex kit also and running 28 psi in tires. Is it possible that something is out of adjustment and causing my problems? Or are bilsteins super stiff? Thanks again for the help

Ddays

Hooked
I have been running a rock Krawler 2.5 kit on my jku for about 1.5 years now. Bilstein 5100 shocks and I'm finally over it. The ride is extremely harsh. I have gotten used to it for the most part but my wife and 3 year old can't stand it for long. And long trips even suck for me. Anyways, I'm looking to stay around 3 inches as I'll probably never run anything bigger than 37's but I would like to be able to center my rear axle back up. Right now my 35's are pretty far forward in the wheel well. I like the way the evo arms are adjustable when installed but they only offer the long arm kit and I'm not sure I need long arms with only 3" of lift. Thanks in advance for your help!

Don't stress too much over the wheel not being centered. Are you rubbing anywhere? That's the bigger issue. Moving your axle rearward, as the RK X-Factor kit does creates a list of things you have to deal with that frankly shouldn't have to be dealt with. I have the 3.5" version and it was a pain in the ass getting everything dialed in. With 2.5" of lift your stock arms are fine. I do not know anything about the Brillstein shocks but why not try a set of adjustable shocks? Rancho is having a sale that's worth checking out. I have the adjustable Fox 2.0's that I really like. There's others out there. BTW - I've driven to Utah twitch this year and both times did 18 hrs the first day with no fatigue because of the ride. It is possible to get a comfy ride from a lifted Jeep!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have the 2.5 flex kit also and running 28 psi in tires. Is it possible that something is out of adjustment and causing my problems? Or are bilsteins super stiff? Thanks again for the help

It's not the bilsteins, it's your coils and your just noticing more how stiff they are. If you want a softer ride I would just swap to the Evo plush ride coils. They pair up nicely with the bilsteins. Now your shock length maybe to short but you can always get longer ones after you swap coils if needed.

Leeboy03

Don't stress too much over the wheel not being centered. Are you rubbing anywhere? That's the bigger issue. Moving your axle rearward, as the RK X-Factor kit does creates a list of things you have to deal with that frankly shouldn't have to be dealt with. I have the 3.5" version and it was a pain in the ass getting everything dialed in. With 2.5" of lift your stock arms are fine. I do not know anything about the Brillstein shocks but why not try a set of adjustable shocks? Rancho is having a sale that's worth checking out. I have the adjustable Fox 2.0's that I really like. There's others out there. BTW - I've driven to Utah twitch this year and both times did 18 hrs the first day with no fatigue because of the ride. It is possible to get a comfy ride from a lifted Jeep!

I have about 1" of clearance with 35's. Planning on 37's next time around so I'm sure I'll have to address it then. I'll check out the rancho sale, I have read good things about them. My wife would divorce me before she would ride 18hrs in my jeep!

Sullivan

Something has to be off on your set up. It shouldn't ride that harsh. Can you explain more about what is "harsh"? Is it just bouncing a lot, stiff and not letting suspension travel, vibrations, hard to steer? Stuff like that

Top Bottom