Running 40s

Shotgunjku05

Alright Im sorry if for any reason i missed another forum on this subject i used the search tool and didn't find anything to assist in this question

my jeep is a 2014 running a 3.5in AEV lift on 35s

I have ordered Ultimate dana60s f/r 4.88s and ring and pinion 5.38 for when i make the jump to 40s and 8 lug wheels for them.. and soon will be 40x13.50r17s i want to run these with not much more lift

i will be swapping to the EVO coil-overs and long arms soon..

My biggest question is how much trimming and where to fit 40s under 3.5-4.5 of lift i know ill have to bump stop with that amount of lift but i love the LCG look and performance and ill be honest i am trying to be able to fit in my garage afterwards!:D

I have metal cloak overland flares

I do wheel it so i want to be able to stuff them without cutting tires and rubbing all over the place again i know ill need bump stop and how much will vary but mainly looking for advice on the locations and dos and donts to cut to fit the 40s

sorry if i missed anything but thanks in advance for everyone's time

vitodivita

I can't offer much help with clearing 40's but you should also say which wheels you plan on running. Backspacing will make a difference as far as reducing rub

Shotgunjku05

I can't offer much help with clearing 40's but you should also say which wheels you plan on running. Backspacing will make a difference as far as reducing rub

I Posted this is the wrong forum this is WOL write up posts i am trying to delete:icon_crazy:

but i have kmc machetes 17s 3.5 backspacing

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Alright Im sorry if for any reason i missed another forum on this subject i used the search tool and didn't find anything to assist in this question

my jeep is a 2014 running a 3.5in AEV lift on 35s

I have ordered Ultimate dana60s f/r 4.88s and ring and pinion 5.38 for when i make the jump to 40s and 8 lug wheels for them.. and soon will be 40x13.50r17s i want to run these with not much more lift

i will be swapping to the EVO coil-overs and long arms soon..

My biggest question is how much trimming and where to fit 40s under 3.5-4.5 of lift i know ill have to bump stop with that amount of lift but i love the LCG look and performance and ill be honest i am trying to be able to fit in my garage afterwards!:D

I have metal cloak overland flares

I do wheel it so i want to be able to stuff them without cutting tires and rubbing all over the place again i know ill need bump stop and how much will vary but mainly looking for advice on the locations and dos and donts to cut to fit the 40s

sorry if i missed anything but thanks in advance for everyone's time

Trim where it rubs!! :doh: :cheesy:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Eddie should be able to chime in on this and tell you better than most people on what needs to be trimmed and where.

Shotgunjku05

Yes Sir :yup: Thats how its done

Excuse my lack of knowledge this is my first jeep :D

I like to know what im getting myself into

do i need to wait for the evo long arms so i can center the axle before i start trimming or would it matter?

if you are running 40s could you please show me what kind of trimming was necessary for your rig?

Clifford33

Caught the Bug
You should be able to fit 40s with a 3.5 lift and flat fenders and cut pinch weld seams. New control arms also. I'm pretty sure moby is 3.5 with 40s

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I have pretty much what you are looking at axle wise and evo coilovers with 40s sitting around 3.5-4" lift. U need to trim some in front and back of rear fender well, maybe an inch max each side if u center your axle. Basically just round out the opening.

Get 3.5 bs wheels so you have steering. You need to trim your front fender opening back some also as you can't push axle fwd much with the bolt on brackets or your coilovers will hit bracket. Last place I had to barely trim the top edge of front fender as I was rubbing slightly there.

They actually fit pretty easy, minor trimming imo.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

tippedover

Old thread but wondering if you guys still have the pics of how you trimmed?

Ik this is for 40s but I imagine it needs to be done for 37s as well? (Putting my 37s on this weekend)

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom