Pulling my hair out trying to figure out what locker I need to buy.......

chris434

I have a pile of money sitting in my PayPal account just laughing at me right now. For the last two days I have been getting conflicting answers to the same question. What locker do I need with 4:10 gears. I hear thick ring skinny ring all gears will fit blablabla 1/2 ring bolts have to drill blablablabla.

2007 JKU X
Automatic
4:10 gears

Just want an auto locker for the dana44 rear. Please help lol.

:beer:

qwasin

What is your budget... rd147 and 35 spline shafts would be the best. Auburn e-locker with stock 30 spline would be the cheapest. Well, an auto locker would be the cheapest, but in spite of what you said, I doubt that's what you want.

chris434

What is your budget... rd147 and 35 spline shafts would be the best. Auburn e-locker with stock 30 spline would be the cheapest. Well, an auto locker would be the cheapest, but in spite of what you said, I doubt that's what you want.

No, that is exactly what I want. It's my weekend toy. Want to stay around 600 bucks. I have ran auto lockers in all of my rovers front and rear and never had an issue.

The issue I'm having now seems to be finding the correct locker for the rear end. I had no idea there are so many different configurations for one rear end. I'm still confused with fat and skinny ring gears.

croge17

yukon grizzly. I bet if you call east coast gear supply in NC I bet they have a used one out of my jk sitting on the shelf looking for an owner.

qwasin

No, that is exactly what I want. It's my weekend toy. Want to stay around 600 bucks. I have ran auto lockers in all of my rovers front and rear and never had an issue.

The issue I'm having now seems to be finding the correct locker for the rear end. I had no idea there are so many different configurations for one rear end. I'm still confused with fat and skinny ring gears.

Ok, my mistake. I've heard about issues with auto lockers on JKs particularly with automatic transmissions, so that might be worth looking into. I don't have any experience with that. Now as far as finding the correct locker, there is no carrier break on the JK dana 44 axles, so a 3.73 and down locker will work fine with your gears.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Ok, my mistake. I've heard about issues with auto lockers on JKs particularly with automatic transmissions, so that might be worth looking into. I don't have any experience with that. Now as far as finding the correct locker, there is no carrier break on the JK dana 44 axles, so a 3.73 and down locker will work fine with your gears.
That issue is on 12+ automatics. 07-11 an auto locker will work.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

chris434

Now as far as finding the correct locker, there is no carrier break on the JK dana 44 axles, so a 3.73 and down locker will work fine with your gears.

Can you please explain how that works with the JK's? I am having a hard time wrapping my mind around it.

chris434

They just use thicker ring gears instead of changing the carrier deck height.
So all the ring gears are the same circumference just thinner or thicker deck height? God, I couldn't figure this out for anything. Thank you.

So another stupid question. What about the ring gear bolt size?

Top Bottom