RAPTOR LINING JANE : Spraying New Life into the Tub of an old Jeep CJ5

farrier

Looking good Eddie, got a question about liner products since you use them, have you had any issues with them not drying, what ever was used in our 85 CJ is peeling/ almost worn off like paint but under the seats and bottom sides of bars and things is still wet, ran into it while i was redoing the seat brackets

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks again guys, glad you like what you're seeing. :cool:

nice work Eddie, I used to do spray-on bed-liners with my dad as his side business- for sure a lot of prep work but always comes out nice! its looking good

Oh yeah, it literally took us days to prep but was able to lay down the liner in about 2 hours and a lot of that was drying time between coats :crazyeyes:

I have his on my "to do list" for this winter. I'll be using the tintable raptor liner tho.

You might want to reconsider and do this over the summer. While Raptor Liner and other bed liners can be done in the cold, they work best in warmer temps.

Looking good Eddie, got a question about liner products since you use them, have you had any issues with them not drying, what ever was used in our 85 CJ is peeling/ almost worn off like paint but under the seats and bottom sides of bars and things is still wet, ran into it while i was redoing the seat brackets

A couple of things. Depending on the type of liner used, there may not have been enough hardener used if any at all. Also, you really need to let it fully cure in the open air before installing anything on top of. If you don't, whatever is on top will act like a cap and prevent it from curing at all.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I am really impressed with how this turned out. It sure seems like it was tedious and time consuming, but well worth the effort. Beats paying high dollar for someone to do it as well. :yup:

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Turned out great! I stopped at Rhino linings here and they quoted me over $500 just to do the EVO corners. I use to sell Raptor liner years ago. Awesome product.

LeighP

That looks terrific!
This brand of liner is at least available locally to me......I plan on using it for the underside of some flat fenders. Should stand up OK, I think.

Top Bottom