Badge of Honour - Corporate Jeep thing

rubicrawl

How do I get these badges? I have to check in when I get to the trails head? What about if there's no reception?

Sent from Moab

Jackal01

I did these trails in Sept. 2013 and got them Christmas Eve. I still haven't put them on the Jeep.

I unfortunately missed checking into Engineer Pass and Ophir Pass. I guess I'll have to go back. :)

Maybe we can hit those up together along with some other wayalifers possibly? I went there this summer and Imogene and BBP were closed but I did get Engineer and Ophir badges. Corkscrew Gulch was fun. That one should be a badge. Ophir was a cake walk. We won't be going back to CO until 2016 most likely, though.

Jackal01

How do I get these badges? I have to check in when I get to the trails head? What about if there's no reception?

Sent from Moab

It records your GPS location so once you get back to reception it uploads to their system. You just need to tag in on the trail. I did it at the trail head. My phone actually crapped out after our trip before I got reception to it. I called them and I gave them the trail names, dates and other info. It was more of an honor system thing but I did get my badges sent out even though there was/is no record of my being there. I am glad they took my word for it being that we only go to CO every couple years or so.

rubicrawl

It records your GPS location so once you get back to reception it uploads to their system. You just need to tag in on the trail. I did it at the trail head. My phone actually crapped out after our trip before I got reception to it. I called them and I gave them the trail names, dates and other info. It was more of an honor system thing but I did get my badges sent out even though there was/is no record of my being there. I am glad they took my word for it being that we only go to CO every couple years or so.

Hmmmm right on I'll have to try it one day thanks

Sent from Moab

Jackal01

Hmmmm right on I'll have to try it one day thanks

Sent from Moab

Of course I have pics of my Jeep being at the trail head but I offered to send them the pictures of that and my other GPS tracker I had going the entire time (SPOT GPS) but they said it wasn't necessary. I am sure some people abuse it but just good to know there IS a way to get them if something bad happens with your phone/reception/etc.

rubicrawl

Of course I have pics of my Jeep being at the trail head but I offered to send them the pictures of that and my other GPS tracker I had going the entire time (SPOT GPS) but they said it wasn't necessary. I am sure some people abuse it but just good to know there IS a way to get them if something bad happens with your phone/reception/etc.

That's good to know thanks for the info

Sent from Moab

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug

Sent from Moab

You need to get the app for your phone.

https://www.jeep.com/en/badge-of-honor/#home

above is the link to the website I was speaking of earlier. You should be able to see your badges earned etc. It's a little bit funky and hard to use which was why I posed the question. I have seen some people have been able to make comments but I can't figure it out.

Top Bottom