Az group

Log Corral is awesome. That's the first time I took my wife (then girlfriend) out wheeling, and I laid the Jeep on its side in a ditch like an imbecile. Her door faced the ground so she had to crawl out my window. She hasn't been on many trails since then. Strange coincidence.

Love that trail, though. One of my favorites. I don't have anything currently panned for April 1, so that might work out.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Depends on which area you speak of. Log Corral is one, sugar loaf, sunflower can be considered in there, Reno pass, Mt. Ord, and maybe even Bulldog canyon and 4 peaks.

Sent from my SM-J320V using WAYALIFE mobile app
FR42 and Rocker Panel Pass are out there as well, not to mention the play areas people just refer to as Upper and Lower Sycamore.

It is a great run. Last summer we did your said route and attempted the river crossing, without success. The water started pouring in (doors were off), and we started to become boyant, so I backed out of it. In fact we posted a YouTube video of Dora freaking out, it was great.

Yowza. I've crossed the river once and it seems like it dumps you out near fountain hills, right? I also seem to remember you have to cross through an eagle nesting area, or something like that, which is only open certain times of the year. Does that sound right? It seems like the status of that nesting area always dictated how we exited the trail. But it's been a while, so I may have that wrong.

Randy Tadevich

Yowza. I've crossed the river once and it seems like it dumps you out near fountain hills, right? I also seem to remember you have to cross through an eagle nesting area, or something like that, which is only open certain times of the year. Does that sound right? It seems like the status of that nesting area always dictated how we exited the trail. But it's been a while, so I may have that wrong.

Having never successfully crossed, I believe after you cross you go past the Bartlett lake marina and take the road into North carefree.

I was gonna ask you if you had a pic. That was a nice looking rig.

Thanks! As all our Jeeps tend to do, it evolved a lot. This is how it looked by the time I sold it around 4 years later. Ironically I think this pic is also from Log Corral. That Jeep was a pain in the ass but I loved it.

Jeep_005.jpeg

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
I notice there is a whole bunch of us here in Arizona. Has anyone considered doing one of those suds-and -grub things so we can meet and hang out? They alway seem like a lot of fun so I was just wondering.

uberc4

I notice there is a whole bunch of us here in Arizona. Has anyone considered doing one of those suds-and -grub things so we can meet and hang out? They alway seem like a lot of fun so I was just wondering.

There are a ton of M&Gs in Phoenix. Seems like they are every month scattered throughout the city. Generally people set them up through Facebook groups.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
Gotcha, I am not on facebook as it tends to irritate the crap out of me. I will have to find a way to whittle down it's use for things like this. I dread going back on it, but it may be a necessary evil to get more involved with good folks who love Jeeps.

Randy Tadevich

Gotcha, I am not on facebook as it tends to irritate the crap out of me. I will have to find a way to whittle down it's use for things like this. I dread going back on it, but it may be a necessary evil to get more involved with good folks who love Jeeps.
I'm right there with you. This forum is the only social media outlet I have ever been part of, and I do fine without all the others. The people I know through here are great people.

Soupie

A couple have been wanting to do Log Corral. Maybe if people want to run that April 1st we can do that. It's about a 4-5 hour in and out trail. It goes to Bartlet Lake, great for the kids, or adults to play in. Let me know if there is interest in that run.

We are interested in doing log corral this weekend. Never ran it before and been wanting to.

Randy Tadevich

A couple have been wanting to do Log Corral. Maybe if people want to run that April 1st we can do that. It's about a 4-5 hour in and out trail. It goes to Bartlet Lake, great for the kids, or adults to play in. Let me know if there is interest in that run.

Reminder we are running Log Corral tomorrow Sat Apr. 1st if anyone wants to do a run.

Top Bottom