The long and slow build of "................"

BaddestCross

I measured and I'm sitting at 3in. But the rear bump stop extensions that came with the lift are 2in. I bought the jeep already lifted. It has a bds lift. Not sure exactly what size lift is actually on it. I just figured I'd match the rear.

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah, from what I've seen, the rear is usually lifted about an inch less than the front to get rid of the factory rake. I've got basically the same setup as you.

Rule of thumb is match the lift, so if you're up 3" in the front you should have 3" of bump stop extension. Not only to prevent rubbing but also to keep your springs from over-compressing.

Hungry Valley does have a place you can check your flex, so you can start with 2 and see how it looks.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

Yeah, from what I've seen, the rear is usually lifted about an inch less than the front to get rid of the factory rake. I've got basically the same setup as you.

Rule of thumb is match the lift, so if you're up 3" in the front you should have 3" of bump stop extension. Not only to prevent rubbing but also to keep your springs from over-compressing.

Hungry Valley does have a place you can check your flex, so you can start with 2 and see how it looks.

Perfect I'll definitely do that! Thank you!

BaddestCross

Finally got a chance tonight to put the bump stop extensions on.
I'm my opinion I feel like I am 1in to high on the bump stop extensions. What do you guys think?

Remember, the factory jounce pad compresses flat, so you kinda have to forget it's there and measure to the metal tower it plugs in to. Mine are closer since I put in 3 pucks, so to the eye, it sorta throws you off.

Last edited:

10abadilla/jk

Remember, the factory jounce pad compresses flat, so you kinda have to forget it's there and measure to the metal tower it plugs in to. Mine are closer since I put in 3 pucks, so to the eye, it sorta throws you off.

Yea that's true. I'm just hoping the glue will hold up fully compressed against where the bump stop plugs in to. Thank you

WJCO

Meme King
Yea that's true. I'm just hoping the glue will hold up fully compressed against where the bump stop plugs in to. Thank you

As I showed you in my pictures, my rear hockey pucks are glued upward as the bounce pad is on the top(frame), not the bottom(axle). I used the Right Stuff from Permatex, and they haven't gone anywhere. I've landed on them pretty hard too.

What glue did you go with?

10abadilla/jk

As I showed you in my pictures, my rear hockey pucks are glued upward as the bounce pad is on the top(frame), not the bottom(axle). I used the Right Stuff from Permatex, and they haven't gone anywhere. I've landed on them pretty hard too.

What glue did you go with?
I went with permatex high tack or ultra tack. Something like that. It said for permanent bonding. It came in a tube not that dauber can.

10abadilla/jk

Awesome! [emoji106] been thinking about getting some myself. Did you go with the tier 3 I'm assuming?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yes. Tier3 3-6in of lift. I have their tier3 track bar and I love It. Tightened the axle quite a bit. I'm sure once I get the uppers and lowers it will handle a lot better.
Here is the track bar. 20170325_095102.jpg 20170322_181731.jpg 20170322_181740.jpg 20170322_181746.jpg
I will say that the warranty and the service is a great part as to why I went with core 4x4. And the Johnny joints.

Yes. Tier3 3-6in of lift. I have their tier3 track bar and I love It. Tightened the axle quite a bit. I'm sure once I get the uppers and lowers it will handle a lot better.
Here is the track bar. View attachment 250877 View attachment 250879 View attachment 250880 View attachment 250881
I will say that the warranty and the service is a great part as to why I went with core 4x4. And the Johnny joints.

Awesome! I might have to consider moving to their track bar too! Thanks [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom