The long and slow build of "................"

10abadilla/jk

Beside the steering wheel judder I'm having. I went ahead and installed the a-pillar light brackets and mounted the lights. I have yet to wire them up. But will probably do that this week sometime. 20170322_182725.jpg 20170322_184019.jpg 20170322_184426.jpg 20170322_184438.jpg 20170322_193034.jpg

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

BaddestCross

Your rig's looking good! We should get together and wheel sometime. I've been wanting to get out and see something besides desert... Any good trails up your way? On the other hand, if you're ever wanting to come down into the desert, let me know that as well.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app

10abadilla/jk

Your rig's looking good! We should get together and wheel sometime. I've been wanting to get out and see something besides desert... Any good trails up your way? On the other hand, if you're ever wanting to come down into the desert, let me know that as well.

Sent from my SM-N915P using WAYALIFE mobile app
Thank you so much I appreciate it. We definitely should wheel sometime. I don't have many trails near me. Everything is about 2-4 hours away. I am always open to new trails.

WJCO

Meme King
Hockey pucks should be in today. I was wondering what all your thoughts are as far and either "gluing" them on. Or bolting them on.

If you're going to have the coils out, I would do bolts. But if you can work them in without pulling coils, the glue is easy. I used the Right Stuff from Permatex. I have 2 stacked for each rear coil and they're glued to the existing extension on the jeep itself, not the axle (so they would fall down if the glue didn't hold). They haven't gone anywhere even after several trails.

IMG_20170325_151044_948.jpg

IMG_20170325_151104_192.jpg

Last edited:

10abadilla/jk

If you're going to have the coils out, I would do bolts. But if you can work them in without pulling coils, the glue is easy. I used the Right Stuff from Permatex. I have 2 stacked for each rear coil and they're glued to the existing extension on the jeep itself, not the axle (so they would fall down if the glue didn't hold). They haven't gone anywhere even after several trails.

View attachment 250070

View attachment 250071
I wasn't going to pull the coils out just yet. I'm not sure if my ball joints are bad and if they are then I can install the bump stop extensions. But that won't be for a while. And if the ball joints are good then there is no reason to pull the coils out. I think for now because of the need for bump stops I will glue them on to the pad on the axle. And if I get the chance to pull the coils out them I'll bolt them up.

Top Bottom