TJ Coilovers

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
I guess the next question is... If I go with a coilover system, are there other systems as good or better than GenRight's?

I'm not ignoring the ADS option. I'm just looking at others because they don't offer up info on them.

aribelin

If I was starting over, I'd do the complete GenRight system but would still do the ADS coilovers. Tough to beat local (somewhat) support.

The dyno shop that tuned my 6.0 said that they've never driven a Jeep built to my level that drove so nice which I attribute to Campbell Racing and their attention to detail installing the ProRocks and steering setup.

Draconianwinter

Well, I said from the time I bought the jeep that I didn't want to go cheap and be stuck with some shitty parts that I'd have to replace multiple times. And the thought of having a ride that's good on and off road is probably worth the money.
If you're going coilovers, then what anklet extending the wheelbase at the front axle. Moving it forward 4 inches or so? Seems to me that would be the cheapest rout to go as you are already having to weld a coilover tower to the frame. Then add flat fenders and something like the evo 1/4 pounder front bumper so the bumper won't interfere with the tires? I have never extended a wheelbase before so not sure if this is a viable way to do it, but an thinking this looks like the easiest way to me. I could be completely wrong

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

aribelin

The difficult aspect in moving the front axle forward is going to be the pitman arm and drag link in relation to the axle position. Mine is forward some but no where near four inches. I have a custom fabricated double shear twisted pitman arm that balances the throw of the tie rod on the ProRock 60 and is the limiting factor of how far forward the axle can go. Everything clears and functions great but just barely.

Draconianwinter

The difficult aspect in moving the front axle forward is going to be the pitman arm and drag link in relation to the axle position. Mine is forward some but no where near four inches. I have a custom fabricated double shear twisted pitman arm that balances the throw of the tie rod on the ProRock 60 and is the limiting factor of how far forward the axle can go. Everything clears and functions great but just barely.
Ah OK. I didn't even think of the steering components. Like I said I have never done anything like that so didn't know. I if it would be possible to do it thay away or not it just looked like it could be. But that is why I asked about it, as things may look like they would work one way but looks can definitely be deceiving.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Scoop315

Caught the Bug

Would this fix some of the problems with the limitations of the pitman arm, drag link and tie rod in a stretch?

http://www.tntcustoms.com/jeep_parts/tj_lj_steering_stretch_kit_steering_box_rotation

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Yup, that would be a big help but I didn't find it until too much fabrication had already been done.

Thanks. I really appreciate the help you and everyone else on the forum have given me over the time I joined the forum. It's invaluable.

Top Bottom