Ball joint tools? Whats the best kit?

g00se04

Just wondering what kit everybody has for ball joints? I have the harbor freight kit but it appears the press is slowly bending apart over time which is causing things
not to work so great with alignment .

Anybody have any good recommendations for a ball joint kit with a good set of adapters for a jk?
It looks like OTC has a special set of adapters for the Jeep.

OTC (7894) Jeep/Dodge Ball Joint Service Adapter
https://www.amazon.com/OTC-Dodge-Joint-Service-Adapter/dp/B0002SRGW0

jeeeep

Hooked
Just wondering what kit everybody has for ball joints? I have the harbor freight kit but it appears the press is slowly bending apart over time which is causing things
not to work so great with alignment .

Anybody have any good recommendations for a ball joint kit with a good set of adapters for a jk?
It looks like OTC has a special set of adapters for the Jeep.

OTC (7894) Jeep/Dodge Ball Joint Service Adapter
https://www.amazon.com/OTC-Dodge-Joint-Service-Adapter/dp/B0002SRGW0

I have that adapter and use the OTC 7248 C frame. I also tried the harbor freight and it bent.

the adapter makes it easy to properly line up the ball joint - some use washers or spacers but the adapter makes it a lot easier

A.J.

Snap on kit is great, but way too expensive unless you are professional mechanic and use it a lot. I borrowed one and it was pretty sweet. It won't bend, but it is heavy. Works nicely for u joints too.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Judesign

Caught the Bug
The otc kit is quality. The adapters worked well for me too. I bought the kit not only to do ball joints but for it's usefulness on pressing u joints.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

tanmanjk

I bought a 4 pc kit from tools plus I think was the website for under a hundred. I've done a few sets and fingers crossed no break yet. You can rent the kit from auto parts store.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I ordered the Lisle kit from Rockauto.com, currently it is $119.89 and it's normally about $220 everywhere else. I also added the heavy duty kit but I don't see it listed on their website anymore. I bought it when I still worked at the stealership so it was worth the purchase. Don't use it very much now but glad I have it. You can rent the same kit from most places for free I believe. You just have to put down a deposit which they refund you when you return it.

Top Bottom