Close

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That's coming together great. Nice work.

Knows a Thing or Two 10abadilla/jk's Avatar
    That looks badass!!

Sent from my LG-H900 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Been Around the Block HoosierWolf's Avatar
    Very nice!

Sorry, just found this build. I'm late to the thread.

I love the no-nonsense approach you took to the rear tail lights. The custom fab work looks top notch! This looks like it is gonna be a fun trail rig for sure!!! Great looking work sir!

Thanks guys, it's getting there slowly! Love your feedback

Picked up 4m of 70mm² welding cable to run the battery from the back now. Going to try finish the wiring this weekend, get the fuel tank back in and hopefully look at turning her over again.

All going well I'll pre-set the coilovers up next weekend and get those in just to get her feeling mobile again ...and then it's on to getting the rear diff fully welded, seal and repaint chassis and top coats to exterior body ...and then refit all seals and possible custom snorkel or air intake. I'm sure I'm missing a few things though lol

IMG_20170217_084936.jpg

Wink

Super excited guys! She turned over first pop (but after much head scratching to locating and earthing all the interior loom (my god there's a lot! fuel pump earth = very rear part of the loom LHS )

Anyway here's a laugh, so I haven't done anything in terms of preload or getting the appropriate coils yet. It's sitting on the coils that came factory with the Amada Defender II's, I think they might be 250lbs, the Jeep is barely even compressing them an inch! :lol: Guess she's quite light + with 3 of us sitting in the back only took it down another 4 inches, I need to come down at least 9 inches to get to the ridge height!

So anyway here's how she's sitting currently (front coils to go in still), what a laugh! More photos to come.

Word of warning, if you can avoid any bad jacking of a vehicle like I have done in the image below... avoid at all costs, it's dangerous and do not recommend anyone lift any vehicle like this! My JK supported us from an injury or death experience at least I spose

Coil1.jpg

Coil2.jpg

Coil3.jpg

Bit of an update

Hi guys, so I've got the front coils in and did a bit more with the loom, still have to tidy up the fuse box and what not. Not too much longer before it's on the trails!

Once again, this is not the ride height! I had her weighed in the weekend so I can calculate required spring rates.

FrontCoil1.jpg

FrontCoil2.jpg

FrontCoil3.jpg

Overall1.jpg

Weight1.jpg

That thing is awesome! Great work.

Wow! That's a lot of great looking fab work! Subscribed!!!

.................................................. .....................
    Overall "build thread"
    http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors
    2013 JKU Sport "Spider" with some EVO goodies and a chop here and there

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

Overall "build thread" http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?2...ker-quot-build