VIDEO : NuShooz for MOBY - A First Look at the All New 40" Cooper STT Pro Tires

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great video, tires look great!!
Stinks to hear that about Discount Tire, my local store here game me a few lines about safety and upgrading to 40s on my Jeep and basically wouldn't sell them to me so I had stuck with 37s. Still good service, just wish they would keep opinions to themselves.

I hear ya but in truth, I think kind of think it's nice that Discount Tire would be concerned enough to talk to customers about things like safety and risk losing business than to risk seeing someone get hurt. My problem was that they didn't talk to me about safety or policy but rather, their guys tried to "educate" me as to what is and isn't possible like I wouldn't have a clue.

Looks awesome. Makes my 31's look sad haha. Are all Cooper tires made in the USA or just some of them?

Cooper has manufacturing facilities all around the world and multiple ones right here in the USA - most of which are back east. I'm pretty sure that every Cooper sold here are made in the USA and I love that fact! :yup:

jamesrw30

Cooper has manufacturing facilities all around the world and multiple ones right here in the USA - most of which are back east. I'm pretty sure that every Cooper sold here are made in the USA and I love that fact! :yup:

That is awesome and great to hear. Thanks for the info too!

RubiMyers

VIDEO : NuShooz for MOBY - A First Look at the All New 40" Cooper STT Pro Tires

I hear ya but in truth, I think kind of think it's nice that Discount Tire would be concerned enough to talk to customers about things like safety and risk losing business than to risk seeing someone get hurt. My problem was that they didn't talk to me about safety or policy but rather, their guys tried to "educate" me as to what is and isn't possible like I wouldn't have a clue. :

Good point.
Regardless, enjoy those tires!! Moby looks great. Honestly made me put mine up for sale and gonna wait for these to be officially released and grab a set.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Discount Tire

Thanks! Glad you liked it. I just wish my local Discount Tire would help me out instead of trying to explain to me what they can't do as if I'm some kind of an idiot. I mean, I get that you aren't allowed to work on vehicles with wheel spacers or install tires on bead locks but all I wanted was for them to dismount my already broken down tires from the wheels. Your guys literally tried telling me how this was impossible in spite of the fact that I've done this countless times. I am sad to say that 2 of your competitors in my town have been far more welcoming, knowledgeable and eager to help.

I'll be the first to say that our guidelines surrounding bead lock wheel/tire assemblies is clear as mud, but to give poor excuses is not called for. Our apologies for your recent experience with us.

With regard to spacers, though, we actually changed our practices surrounding vehicles running them. As long as the spacers are bolt-on, hub-centric, and the wheel mounting surface seats properly, we will service vehicles running them.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be the first to say that our guidelines surrounding bead lock wheel/tire assemblies is clear as mud, but to give poor excuses is not called for. Our apologies for your recent experience with us.

So that it's clear, the word "bead lock" never even entered the conversation. All I asked was to have my wheels dismounted and that one side of the bead had already been broken. After looking at my tires, they proceeded to tell me that they wouldn't be able to separate the wheels from the tires. They said their tire machine couldn't do it. Not trying to give you grief here per se, just telling you what happened and that I would have preferred to using your services instead of giving my business to your competitor across the street.

With regard to spacers, though, we actually changed our practices surrounding vehicles running them. As long as the spacers are bolt-on, hub-centric, and the wheel mounting surface seats properly, we will service vehicles running them.

That's great to hear. It certainly has been a long time coming.

Top Bottom