Show Off Your Winch

Jackal01

This is a custom setup on my previous rig, a 2012 WK2. The winch mount is Rocky Road Outfitters. The winch was a Q9000s. The solenoid was remotely mounted behind the bumper between the passenger side tail light and the head light. The female plug for the controller was mounted as seen in the pic, driver side towards the back. The slats were removed in the grille for access to the clutch. I believe the intended design is to leave the solenoid at the winch (inaccessible) with the controller plugged in, left in "protected pocket" in the grille. I wasn't having any of that. My buddy, with a WK2 also, and I came up with this. It worked well for both of us.

1476415201251.jpg 1476415236703.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
This is a custom setup on my previous rig, a 2012 WK2. The winch mount is Rocky Road Outfitters. The winch was a Q9000s. The solenoid was remotely mounted behind the bumper between the passenger side tail light and the head light. The female plug for the controller was mounted as seen in the pic, driver side towards the back. The slats were removed in the grille for access to the clutch. I believe the intended design is to leave the solenoid at the winch (inaccessible) with the controller plugged in, left in "protected pocket" in the grille. I wasn't having any of that. My buddy, with a WK2 also, and I came up with this. It worked well for both of us.

That is really cool. Nice setup.

USMC Wrangler

How did I miss this thread?!?! Still excited on the deal for the Warn Zeon 10-S from last month! It's mounted in the bumper I made.

IMG_2359.jpg

IMG_2410.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
In the process of diagnosing my cooling system issue, I removed the control box from my zeon winch. It changed nothing but at least I know. I took some pictures for kicks. I don't like the look and already put it back.

IMG_20180601_155325_520.jpg

IMG_20180601_155223_678.jpg

Top Bottom