Cameras

Ddays

Hooked
For you guys our there with DSLRs: Good lenses, I mean really good ones like Canon Prime lenses are really expensive, like in the thousands. But these can really make a huge difference in the quality of your photos. More so than the actual camera really.
There's a company, borrowlenses.com, that you can rent these from for really reasonable rates and you can set your own rental period. Really worth it for special occasions or to check out a lens before you buy 👍

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

boardsurfer

For you guys our there with DSLRs: Good lenses, I mean really good ones like Canon Prime lenses are really expensive, like in the thousands. But these can really make a huge difference in the quality of your photos. More so than the actual camera really.
There's a company, borrowlenses.com, that you can rent these from for really reasonable rates and you can set your own rental period. Really worth it for special occasions or to check out a lens before you buy [emoji106]

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

All my lenses are prime except for a 17-40 F4L. 14, 28, 50, 85. Body is Canon 60D which is pretty old. I've been tempted to rent something different, but I'm pretty sure the gear is not my limiting factor. These are not the expensive L versions though. I can tell that the 17-40L is a higher quality but I haven't really been able to take that one photo that blows me away with sharpness and quality with it yet. I've only had it a couple months though. My best photos have come from the completely manual Rokinon 14 f2.8. It takes a lot of effort, but the sharpness is ridiculous if you nail it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jesse3638

Hooked
Not much of a picture taker here but when I do I use my HTC One M8. Even then I rarely look at them..haha. IDK that's just me

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Welp. I just splurged big-time on a Canon Rebel SL1. Been wanting to get a nice DSLR for a while.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I've got a Canon Rebel as well and even have those same lenses. That 18-55 kit lens is pure garbage though. I'm saving up my pennies for the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM. Everything I've read say it's the perfect "walk around" lens and most people keep it on 80% of the time. I figure if it's that pricey, you'd almost have to use it on every shot to justify it. An "L" lens is where you want to get to though.

Ddays

Hooked
I've got a Canon Rebel as well and even have those same lenses. That 18-55 kit lens is pure garbage though. I'm saving up my pennies for the EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM. Everything I've read say it's the perfect "walk around" lens and most people keep it on 80% of the time. I figure if it's that pricey, you'd almost have to use it on every shot to justify it. An "L" lens is where you want to get to though.

Ever thought of renting one from that Borrowlenses.com? Cheap way to make sure that lens (or any other for that matter) is the one you want to buy.
It's only $35/7 days for that particular lens. I've had my eye on that one and also the non-IS version, which is f2.8.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Ever thought of renting one from that Borrowlenses.com? Cheap way to make sure that lens (or any other for that matter) is the one you want to buy.
It's only $35/7 days for that particular lens. I've had my eye on that one and also the non-IS version, which is f2.8.

Yeah, honestly your post was the first time I had heard of that concept, but it makes sense. I may have to do that in February when we're going on a cruise. Need something worthy to test it out on!

BigBoy

Fuji X-E2 for stills, Sony Actioncam for video, Olympus TG-1 for rainy days and packing light and iPhone 7 when I forget to pack one. [emoji4]

Top Bottom