DFW - S of Euless Trails

Jeepster nOOb

Find my way over here from word of mouth from WayofLife members and this is the closest to actual OHV parks that you can find in the DFW area - it's perfect!

Anyways, I was finishing up my last trail before heading to Discount Tire to get the 35's rotated when I approached a mud hole and luckily I only put half of my JKU into because it was about 4ft deep. Got stuck in 4low! Luckily, there was a manhole to lasso my winch cable around and pulled myself out.

The following pics explain the story.

#JeepLifeForMe

IMG_1476569640.659152.jpg
IMG_1476569656.513896.jpg
IMG_1476569673.689100.jpg
IMG_1476569684.928083.jpg
IMG_1476569712.623138.jpg
IMG_1476569777.689208.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
I gotta agree check that cable and spend a bit for some straps , good shots though and glad you were able to make it out ok ... worse comes to worse you can always use a tow strap as a tree saver not the best way to go but it works when ya don't have the tree saver

Jackal01

Make sure the straps are rated appropriately and are the right kind for the method of recovery. Tree savers need to be static. That's what you would have used here. Snatch straps (vehicle to vehicle) should be dynamic.

JDalcour

Ive got some great photos out at 360 but Im not gona share them due to the place being private property so it would be considered illegal. Have you been to bridgeport?

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I wheeled there a lot from 99-02 and heard that too, parts were closed, it was private property and people were getting fined for being there. 14 years later it's still open[emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

el_chupo_

Ive got some great photos out at 360 but Im not gona share them due to the place being private property so it would be considered illegal. Have you been to bridgeport?

Not yet .not all of it is private property just depends where u get in at. Nobody owns the river.i know of off duty cops that wheel down there also .

Sent from my SM-G900P using WAYALIFE mobile app

So every Jeep group I have talked to in the area says that it is not a public place, going back to ~2004 or so when I bought one of my XJ's (regardless of where you can get in). Also rumors like the former land owner gave it to the city as long as it wasnt developed, etc.

It is not listed on any sites as a legal spot that I can find, can anyone show any documentation or know any offroad club that has permission to wheel there?

Thanks!

Jheapr

no permission will ever be given, too many risks. but the owner doesn't care if people are out there as long as stuff doesn't get out of hand... which it always does. but i've had cops come up on me and my friends out there before and they just asked us to leave because someone reported gunshots in the area

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom