The TRUE Face of the all NEW 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler

Supercharged

I remember somewhere they said the windshield would be tilted back slightly more for aerodynamics. I agree with DDAYS that they probably kept changes to a minimum to ensure the ongoing success of the line. Minor adjustments to the body and major overhauls under the hood for in an effort to keep up with CAFE demands.

samIam007

No Patriot or Compass in the photo! The new Wrangler looks extremely close to the JK and the Wagoneer looks very cool (and big) but I am afraid the Wagoneer may be short-lived (ie. Commander).

Ddays

Hooked
Think I heard it was supposed to have a third row for seating so I bet it's close to a Tahoe or Expedition.

I have a Durango which is the same chassis (stretched) as the Grand Cherokee and it has third row that seats two. Fairly roomy too. I'm just surprised because I thought they'd redo it and call it the GW. Had no idea they were going that large.

kgxi08

They did say they weren't going to be much difference between the Jk and JL bc the sales of the Jk are so great. Looks, capabilities etc. So why not just nip and tuck. LEDs, swept back windshield frame, truck bed etc. Going to be sweet either way #jeeplove

Sent from my Nexus 6 using WAYALIFE mobile app

chickendumpling

Hard for me to see the detail... IMHO, the more the jeep sticks to its beginnings ... the better (military). Seen it with other vehicles, at some point it no longer has its signature looks that sets it off from everything else on the road. With all of the regulations and safety everything ... that heritage is going to be tough to maintain. Weighing everything in my bubble of pros and cons, I'm still happy with the JKU. Still excited to see what the JL brings to or leaves off the table.

DaJudge

They would be stupid to alter the looks of their cash cow too much! If the rumors are true I am looking forward to seeing how much they lighten it over the JK. Less weight is better for economy, but more importantly it is easier on the axles and suspension, and gives a better power to weight ratio.

Ddays

Hooked
I just hope that the Grand Wagoneer isn't a Durango with a seven slot grill...

They're the same basic vehicle already though. Suspensions are obviously different but the interiors & chassis are the same. I've had both, and honestly prefer the on-road characteristics of the Durango over the Grand. The extra wheelbase smooths the ride considerably and the much larger cargo area is great. If they put the suspension of the Grand under the Durango I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I honestly thought that was what they were going to do.

pop2tu

Almost looks like the grill is not as tall as the jk grill, giving the hood more of a slanted look. Maybe just my eyes.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
They're the same basic vehicle already though. Suspensions are obviously different but the interiors & chassis are the same. I've had both, and honestly prefer the on-road characteristics of the Durango over the Grand. The extra wheelbase smooths the ride considerably and the much larger cargo area is great. If they put the suspension of the Grand under the Durango I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I honestly thought that was what they were going to do.

Are you meaning grand Cherokee here when you say grand? Just wanting to clarify for my own knowledge. Wife has been looking at grand Cherokees.

Top Bottom