Headlights 2013 Rubi unl....GURR!!

DIRTYHR

Hi everyone, Steph from Idaho here [emoji112] ....Sooo im frustrated w the whole "not good headlight scenario". I bought my jk on a Friday & hit a buck that following Wed, dented my bumper a tad in two spots, broken headlight bracket and one fog light out...Well now both don't work..ins paid well so I ordered a bumper "I like"that has four fog lights two round two strips. That being said, im looking for your expertise and researching better bulbs vs LED vs whole new set up. I just can't get around $700-$1000 for two flippin lights.
the running light halo...although cool looking, do they actually serve a purpose or is this a tini bopper thing lol.
P.S. Info and opinion on 50" light bar...yea or nea...I think ill see better on back roads

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Hi everyone, Steph from Idaho here [emoji112] ....Sooo im frustrated w the whole "not good headlight scenario". I bought my jk on a Friday & hit a buck that following Wed, dented my bumper a tad in two spots, broken headlight bracket and one fog light out...Well now both don't work..ins paid well so I ordered a bumper "I like"that has four fog lights two round two strips. That being said, im looking for your expertise and researching better bulbs vs LED vs whole new set up. I just can't get around $700-$1000 for two flippin lights.
the running light halo...although cool looking, do they actually serve a purpose or is this a tini bopper thing lol.
P.S. Info and opinion on 50" light bar...yea or nea...I think ill see better on back roads

You can get JW Speaker Evolution J headlights, that plug right in, no adapter required, for $475 a pair, or Trucklites with an adapter for $397. I've had both, and they are both excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

notnalc68

The Trucklites have an X pattern in the hot spot, that is visible on low beam. It didn't bother me, but some people can't get used to it. You can't beat them for good light output, though. I have the JW Speaker in my current Jeep, and I'm pleased with them, also. It's a toss up. To me, maybe the Trucklites have a superior high beam, but that's just my opinion.

Kalums

No experience with the LED headlights yet, however the 50in light bar... No matter what company I've used, rigid, cheapo etc. Whistle at highway speeds. Drove me insane. Gave up on it and bought a 24in that I had mounted on the hood but it blocked my view of the road too much. Thinking about remounting it in the factory bumper between the tow hooks. Light output w/the 24in combo light is ridiculously good, lights up tons of road and space on the side of the road. Just my 2cents

Sent from my SM-N910P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Dopey84

Hello from mountain home, Idaho. Truck lites are what I'm running now and love them I am running the heated versions and don't regret the price tag one bit.

Last edited:

DIRTYHR

I looked up truck lites...I think ill go w those..ty... but these helped a ton...installed it at 10pm last night ...their pretty cool 1476894355874.jpg

DIRTYHR

Hello from man home, Idaho. Truck lites are what I'm running now and love them I am running the heated versions and don't regret the price tag one bit.

What's the difference? If you don't mind...I'm sure I could just Google it..chatting w an actual person w experience is a different than just info typed out. N im green Sooo..I NEED all the info I can get

notnalc68

What's the difference? If you don't mind...I'm sure I could just Google it..chatting w an actual person w experience is a different than just info typed out. N im green Sooo..I NEED all the info I can get

The heated version has heat strips, like in the rear window of a hard top, that come on below 40 degrees Fahrenheit, to keep the lenses from icing over in cool climates. LED bulbs do not put out large amounts of heat, like halogen lights.

Dopey84

This will be my first winter with these heated trucklites.. here in Idaho we have some very bipolar weather so I'm excited to see how they perform. But they are some kickass lights over stock

Top Bottom