RENEGADE on STEROIDS? Jeep Side by Side??

SPOOOBY

So, as some of you may or may not have noticed, in the scale model pic of the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler that I posted up yesterday, there was another model and some drawing of another, smaller Jeep next to it. This little brother of a Jeep was an aggressive 2-door that was a lot smaller and clearly looked like had IFS on it. In a lot of ways, it looked like a remote control Jeep toy but that got me thinking about a conversation I had with Mark Allen, the senior designer of Jeep back in Moab. He said that they were working on a couple of different new models and one of which was going to be the new Patriot/Compass but the other was going to be something totally different. Something totally new... "like a Renegade on steroids" is what I think he said. Could this be it? What do you think of it?

View attachment 227772

That looks like a factory crawler,cool looking

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If in fact this is Jeep's attempt to get into a side by side type market, I think it's a smart move and I hope they make it happen.

krismckinney

Reminds me of the Isuzu Vehicross. That was a cool vehicle, but ahead of it's time and thus failed.

Make it happen, Jeep! Looks fun!

ftldrdl

Renegade on Steroids

that would be the perfect daily driver...if they put enough power in it and made it at least all AWD. i would buy one.

petsitter Kathy

Renegade

I am wondering why they are reusing the Renegade name. I had a Renegade as my first Jeep and have owned one ever since. No imaginations left ? :twocents:

JAGS

Hooked
IFS and IRS it seems from the rendering. Cool way for Jeep/FCA to test engineering for full size vehicles.

Can't imagine this roided out rene would be cheap though. Side by side would be fun, assuming I had the coin.

Hot94Z28

I have been looking at side by sides and if Jeep gets into that market, well I guess I'm going to hold off buying one for a bit to see what happens with this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom