LoD JK Destroyer Series Bumpers Now Available!!!

GraniteCrystal

LōD Offroad;830638 said:
"The Destroyer carrier has a Max capacity of 300LBS total, with tire included. If your tire weighs about 75lbs or 85lbs, then you have 225lbs or 215lbs of accessories that can be added. The trail rack capacity is 60lbs. Add your gas can weight and as long as you stay under 300lbs total, you should be fine.

The weight of gas is approx. 6.2lbs per gallon.

For Example:

38" tire - 100lbs
60lbs cooler in the trail rack (Beer of course)
5 gallon jerry cans - 40lbs each side
Hi-Lift jack behind the tire - 30lbs

= 270lbs Total weight on the carrier

This is under the 300lbs Max capacity and is a typical example of the Destroyer carrier capability."
Thanks for the explanation! The example is very helpful.

GraniteCrystal

Can someone throw up the installation instructions, that'd be super helpful. I want to get an idea of what's in store for me if I try to do this myself. How much time to install?

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As LoD mentioned, I have found large sockets at my local O'reilly's but if they don't have it, your local Napa will for sure.

G-man

Has anyone posted an installation video of the destroyer rear bumper.... I think this would be a great tool to the existing instructions LoD has put out?

G-man

Awesome... I ordered mine, and I have to wait. In the mean time, I will be making room for it by taking off my poison spyder set up....

We will be posting the installation video link early this coming week and also an updated diagram on how to adjust the striker latch so it has proper pressure on it when the carrier is shut. We did more testing with a bumper straight off the production line as well this week. Testing included loading it up with a tire, gas cans, and accessories and driving it down the bumpiest local roads, and even no roads, and there was no rattle with the latch and striker plate properly adjusted :)

Has anyone posted an installation video of the destroyer rear bumper.... I think this would be a great tool to the existing instructions LoD has put out?

GraniteCrystal

LōD Offroad;838315 said:
We will be posting the installation video link early this coming week and also an updated diagram on how to adjust the striker latch so it has proper pressure on it when the carrier is shut. We did more testing with a bumper straight off the production line as well this week. Testing included loading it up with a tire, gas cans, and accessories and driving it down the bumpiest local roads, and even no roads, and there was no rattle with the latch and striker plate properly adjusted :)

Woo-hoo! Any physical changes planned in the coming months or just changes to instructions?

Current plans are for the video and revised/clarified instructions only. We firmly believe that it is a strong design that requires a very clear explanation, as customer demand has shown! We want to provide all of our customers with a smooth and easy installation process, and only the best instructions to go by, so we will have an updated set very early this coming week! :)

Woo-hoo! Any physical changes planned in the coming months or just changes to instructions?

GraniteCrystal

LōD Offroad;838599 said:
Current plans are for the video and revised/clarified instructions only. We firmly believe that it is a strong design that requires a very clear explanation, as customer demand has shown! We want to provide all of our customers with a smooth and easy installation process, and only the best instructions to go by, so we will have an updated set very early this coming week! :)
Fantastic. Planning on placing order next week! Thanks for making a product that seems to do exactly what I want. Eager to try it out and see how it performs.

OhNoTheJiggies

How tall is the stinger on the destroyer compared to the stinger on the signature series? I geuss the best measure would be above or below the hoods lip in inches? Anyone care to chime in with their measure?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Havoc40

Just received my new LoD Destroyer stinger :rock:

Nice piece. Dropped it off to be Line-X coated at lunch. Can't wait to get it back, and change the look of my Jeep!

20170328_103310[1].jpg
20170328_103324[1].jpg
20170328_103317[1].jpg

Top Bottom