LoD JK Destroyer Series Bumpers Now Available!!!

Fullwidth is for more protection, shorty is for more clearance. It depends on if you want to protect your toy or squeeze it into the tightest possible spaces :brows::rock:

PHX JK

Those are Awesome

Is there a Coupon Code for our Members? I want to Order a Signature Series Shorty With a Stinger to replace the Chinese Bumper
Installed by the previous Owner.
PHX

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Did anybody do a rattle can paint job on theirs?
I am considering painting it myself, so it would be easy to touch up when I scratch it.
I plan to use Eastwood primer, either Epoxy or Self-etching and then follow with AEV spray can (it's actually very nice finish rattle can, also very durable but comes with a price)

There are a number of people that rattle can theirs, but we have read that by the time you get enough cans to give the whole thing a good coat, some people end up spending almost as much as powdercoat (depending on the cost of paint you use). However, rattling it does give the advantage of easy and cheap touch-ups later down the road.

I am considering painting it myself, so it would be easy to touch up when I scratch it.
I plan to use Eastwood primer, either Epoxy or Self-etching and then follow with AEV spray can (it's actually very nice finish rattle can, also very durable but comes with a price)

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
LōD Offroad;885508 said:
There are a number of people that rattle can theirs, but we have read that by the time you get enough cans to give the whole thing a good coat, some people end up spending almost as much as powdercoat (depending on the cost of paint you use). However, rattling it does give the advantage of easy and cheap touch-ups later down the road.

Yea I figured that it might end up being more than having a shop do it, but the easy touch up part sounds like a sweet advantage down the road.
I had a local shop powder coat my rock sliders last year. I picked exterior powder, tried to find something to match my AEV bumpers. It was pretty close although it seems like it faded a little after only one year, also I had to step on them few times while on the trail and it left scratches in powder coat just from my shoes.

Also, as I saw somebody else mention in this thread before. Are you guys planning on releasing a version of shorty front bumper where the winch sits within the bumper rather than on top?

Havoc40

This bumper is so good looking. I will be ordering mine this week for sure.

Thanks! It really did turn out great with linex...wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I'm done with powdercoat up here in the salt belt. It just doesn't last even with a zinc phosphate primer. Any little rock chip or scratch turns into immediate cancer and then the coating just peels. I've never used the AEV spray, but I wouldn't hesitate to use a rattle can. Especially with a quality epoxy primer. My favorite has been satin VHT Roll Bar & Chassis paint.

Here's another shot...
20170414_105646-1[2].jpg

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Thanks! It really did turn out great with linex...wasn't sure if I was going to like it. I'm done with powdercoat up here in the salt belt. It just doesn't last even with a zinc phosphate primer. Any little rock chip or scratch turns into immediate cancer and then the coating just peels. I've never used the AEV spray, but I wouldn't hesitate to use a rattle can. Especially with a quality epoxy primer. My favorite has been satin VHT Roll Bar & Chassis paint.

Here's another shot...
View attachment 255069

How did it cost you to do linex coating?

Do you ever find that the rough texture of the Line-X attracts more dirt? Or is about the same as regular powdercoat?

I think it was $300. Which is definitely not cheap. Around here, a bumper with 2 coats of powder and zinc primer will run you $250-$300 anyway.

Top Bottom