Air filter opinions wanted.

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Previous owner had an AFE intake with a 4" oiled cone filter installed. I can't stand having to clean my air filter more than I change my engine oil. Would I be better off to get 4" dry filters, or scrap the whole system and try to find a take off stock unit, or does anyone have experience with those pre-filter sock things? Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Journeyman

I installed a CAI on mine. Ran it for a few months and then re-installed the stock intake and filter. Easier filter replacement and probably filters better than the aftermarket CAI. If you can find a stock one that's what i would do.

TRLJNKY

Ive never tried the pre socks.You can order the stock parts from Quadratec I believe. Ive been wanting to back to OE. Havnt had any luck on anyone selling used. Kicking myself for switching to cold air intake and tossing my OE stuff.

sent from some burner phone found in a dumpster

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Ive never tried the pre socks.You can order the stock parts from Quadratec I believe. Ive been wanting to back to OE. Havnt had any luck on anyone selling used. Kicking myself for switching to cold air intake and tossing my OE stuff.

sent from some burner phone found in a dumpster

That is exactly where I'm at. Only thing is I didn't take mine off otherwise I would still have it because I'm a major pack rat [emoji23]

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I had a CAI then went back to stock. I will just continue to run a stock filter in it as well. No need to put an aftermarket filter in it IMO just to potentially let more dirt in.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I run a cut up Volant intake with a Donaldson power core filter. So far the throttle body and intake tube are still clean. My stock box was cut to hell because of how the steering lines are routed on my PSC kit. Eventually I want to relocate the PSC reservoir and put a stock air box back in.

SPOOOBY

I have the ripp carbon fiber intake ,and yes the pre filters work great

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

SPOOOBY

Every time you change your oil,unless your run alot of dirt roads

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

Top Bottom