Would like advice on a programmer

Smokie322

Hi all, I have been enjoying all the info I have been reading on the wayalife but now I have a question.

I have a 2015 JKUR automatic with a 2.5 inch lift and 35 inch tires with 4.10's. I am contemplating going to 4.88's

I would like to purchase a programmer that would allow me to compensate for my larger tires, adjust my TPMS warning light so I can run at a lower tire pressure, and change the shift pattern on my automatic transmission. Does any one have advice on which one to buy and what it entails to use it?

Thank you in advance

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
My vote is AEV Procal. Super easy to use. Just set the switches according to the directions and plug into your OBD port. The 15's are locked down a bit so you'd have to send the ECU out to be unlocked to use a Superchips programmer. Or they can send you an unlocked one and you send yours back to them. So if you're looking for simple I'd say Procal.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jmatta33

My vote is AEV Procal. Super easy to use. Just set the switches according to the directions and plug into your OBD port. The 15's are locked down a bit so you'd have to send the ECU out to be unlocked to use a Superchips programmer. Or they can send you an unlocked one and you send yours back to them. So if you're looking for simple I'd say Procal.

Second this. Procal is all you need. Anything else is a bunch of money spent for little or no return.

xxJWPxx

Superchips has the Flashcal, which does not require the ECM swap. It would allow for re-calibration after tire and gear changes. The Flashpaq would require ECM swap and would allow for different tuning options. Both have a color screen and are pretty easy to use from my experience. I haven't used AEV but have heard good things about that tuner as well.

Smokie322

I just looked at the AEV and the superchips one I like the idea of a screen opposed to the switches but will look at both a little more. Thank you for the information.

Amrth

I just looked at the AEV and the superchips one I like the idea of a screen opposed to the switches but will look at both a little more. Thank you for the information.

Man I wrote quite a long statement and just before I could submit the post the browser gave up on me!

My personal experience, go for DiabloSport

Reason: Jcal, Superchips and Diablo are all under one roof according to a person working there.

Procal, Jcal and Flashcal are just an updating device, they do not reprograme the ECM and its not worth it for an automatic when they do not reprogram. I have a Jcal and realized its a mistake buying it. It only re-calibrated my JKU and did nothing with the shift points and when I called them up their statement was it will do either one of those, which is a HOAX.

I picked up a Diablosport locally in a swap and it helped me with a neat program, shift points are considerately noticed, even the gas mileage and the small kick in power.. The Jcal is worth only if you intended to re-calibrate the speed and turn off TPMS completely.

MattMc

I did a for amount of research on the Procal and the the Superchips when I lifted. I also wanted to change the TPMS threshold, not just turn it off entirely. My researched showed that the Superchips would not do this, and would only turn TPMS off.

I ordered a Procal, and was sent the wrong module initially, but after receiving the correct module, it has done everything I wanted it to do with no problems.

Just my input for what it's worth.

Smokie322

I did a for amount of research on the Procal and the the Superchips when I lifted. I also wanted to change the TPMS threshold, not just turn it off entirely. My researched showed that the Superchips would not do this, and would only turn TPMS off.

I ordered a Procal, and was sent the wrong module initially, but after receiving the correct module, it has done everything I wanted it to do with no problems.

Just my input for what it's worth.

Can you set the threshold of the TPMS?

SPOOOBY

Aev procal even has programmable idle mode for winching lets you set idle up to 2000 rpm as a temp setting,is easy to use,but the micro switches are pain in the ass,have to keep paperwork with you all the time

If your not living and having fun,your dead already

Smokie322

I gotta say thank you to everyone that answered my question it was my first post and I was a little apprehensive but I appreciate the help. I watched a couple you tube videos and I'm in on the procal.

ghoticov

I just bought the Superchips Flashcal because it does everything I wanted (and what you are wanting) AND I can always upgrade it to the Flashpaq later when I get an intake, exhaust or other engine mods.

I have my tire psi at 29 and I turned the TPMS off at first and the screen went to all 0's. I then turned it back on and now it shows 29psi in the tires and no warning.

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I gotta say thank you to everyone that answered my question it was my first post and I was a little apprehensive but I appreciate the help. I watched a couple you tube videos and I'm in on the procal.

Glad we could help out. There's a lot of good knowledge and experience on this forum so stick around.

Top Bottom