Reno, NV - Bronco Canyon - Rain AND Shine - 10/30/16

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
So on short notice, a few friends got together to get a run in before the rain and snow this year. It was FiresJK, QuickSilverJK, our friend Tim and myself that set off into the great outdoors, with a beautiful rainbow to see us off:

IMG_2347.JPG

And things were looking really great, with the sun out and only partly cloudy. Here I am following FiresJK up the road to the trail:

IMG_2348.jpg

The countryside is high desert and it was simply gorgeous. The views go on forever and we still had managed to avoid the coming rain:

IMG_2349.jpg

We eventually got into the Bronco Canyon and was greeted with tight spaces in between the trees. The beautiful fall colors were spectacular to behold:

IMG_2350.jpg

What was amazing is to find an abandoned Land Rover in the middle of the trail. I was tempted to pull it out and claim salvage, but that would have been too difficult and likely unsuccessful. I sure hope eventually someone comes back to pull that out, it is an eyesore:

IMG_2352.jpg

We finally made it to the rock garden and I have to say this was pretty technical. But nothing any of our rigs or good drivers could not handle:

IMG_2355.jpg
IMG_2356.jpg

Here is QuickSilverJK driving a JK Sport with open differentials, weak gearing but with expert handling, he can really drive that JK:

IMG_2363.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

We finally arrived to the bypass route, with the safe route to the left and the beginning of the very technical section. This trail section was a tough 50 yards that ended up getting my rig stuck and some very inventive styled driving from Tim:

IMG_2358.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

Just as we pulled up out of the canyon did it start to rain heavy. We were able to get out without any problems and back to the roadway to air up. By that time, the rain was still coming down pretty hard.

Thank you guys for making this trip happen on such short notice.

Last edited:

ob_tj

We were there last weekend and that land Rover was there also. Makes me wonder how long it's been there. Great pictures! Loved this trail

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Thanks for posting. Here are a few from my vantage point.

The Land Rover
IMG_1477970185.040773.jpg
Neil and Tim braving the pin striping factory
IMG_1477970236.349917.jpg
FiresJK Getting into the rocks
IMG_1477970305.029850.jpg
Some more rocks
IMG_1477970337.016728.jpg
IMG_1477970350.051404.jpg
IMG_1477970364.160408.jpg
Wheels up I went full turtle on this one [emoji23]
IMG_1477970415.430184.jpg
What a beautiful blue sky with light rain
IMG_1477970465.644960.jpg
IMG_1477970538.295105.jpg

As always it was a great run with great people. Couldn't ask for a better way to spend a Sunday in the Sierra Nevada Desert. [emoji482]

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

SergJKURhino

So on short notice, a few friends got together to get a run in before the rain and snow this year. It was FiresJK, QuickSilverJK, our friend Tim and myself that set off into the great outdoors, with a beautiful rainbow to see us off:

Thanks for posting. Here are a few from my vantage point.

Looks like a great trip!! Hopefully, I can join you someday when my family & I move up to Reno!!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Fires JK

This was a great run with a great group of guys. This was a great test for my new locker and really enjoyed running it again. Looking forward to running more trails with these guys. We missed you Ben.

ob_tj

Looks like some folks have tried to pull it out or something since we were there. If you see in this pic, it's sitting a little differently now.
Oh yeah I didn't even notice that. I still wonder what is up with that thing

NTPastor

Locations?

I see these outings, but I am not familiar with the actual area. I used to live 110 miles north of Reno, at Empire NV until the sheetrock company folded up and shut the entire town down. Can you put together a map showing where these trails are at.

Top Bottom