Wave Summerfield, NC

Update...

Hey Jeepers,
Sorry for not properly introducing myself at first. I started here a few moths back and life took many unexpected turns and I never returned to complete my profile or post some pics and give a proper wave.

I'm originally a SoCal boy growing up in Woodland Hills. I joined the Army from Newhall, CA as a Satellite Communications guy and spent the next 26 years getting to see the world. Some great, some not so great. I've spent many years at Ft. Huachuca, AZ aka "Ft. We Gotcha" I retired from the Army and settled in as a DoD Contractor working at Ft. Huachuca for 15 years. It's the southeast corner of AZ, right on the Mexican broader. I married an amazing little Canadian girl and due to a great job offer that couldn't be refused we now find ourselves in Summerfield, NC. We have family in Palmdale, CA that we visit often and will most likely return for good. I'm actually in Palmdale at this time. I see trails all over the place in the hills but I think the closest legal wheeling is in Gorman if I'm not mistaken?

Ok, to the Jeep.
Our first Jeep was a 2015 Anvil JKURHR w/manual trans. The only mods I made to it was installing the complete Metal Cloak Overline finder, rock sliders and body armor prior to our 21,000 mile North American trip (NC-AZ-CA-Vitoria BC-Winnipeg-Niagara Falls Canada-NC) the transmission sounded like it was going to fall out of the thing. Chrysler offered us a buy back and swapped us out with a 2016 and of course anvil was no longer available but GCM was back so now I had to start over building the one we have now.
IMG_1483418046.826188.jpg
IMG_1483419369.919947.jpg

I'd love to hear from whoever ended up with our 15 Anvil. They would've picked it up from auction possibly in TX for a great price. I put Red reflectorixed street sign tape behind the "M" on Metal Cloak side armor, left a MC brochure in the passenger seat pouch and wrote down my phone number in operators manual on the page with the oil change info. It also has police etched windows as well as satellite tracking theft recovery.

Our current 2016 JKURHR build...

My goal was to build something that looked factory + if you will, my family could get in and my wife would be comfortable to drive as a daily yet capable enough off road excluding real rock crawling. This is what I ended up with:

* AEV 2.5 lift w/ correction brackets
* AEV rear frame mounted swing gate for use w/ factory steel Hard Rock rear bumper.
* Mopar 17" real beadlocks * 5 (no spacers required)
* Good Year Duratracs 315/70 /17
* Warn Zeon 10s mounts inside the factory steel Hard Rock front bumper
* Maximus 3 centered winch plate
* Maximus 3 double red hook plate
* Maximus 3 stinger bar
All Maximus 3 parts are designed for use with the factory steel Hard Rock bumper.
* Rough Country 50" LED light bar (Black edition) and A pillar mounts.
IMG_1483418359.213297.jpg
IMG_1483419506.826075.jpg

Only thing I still want to do is add the same Metal Cloak JKU Overline finder, rock sliders, and side armor complete system like we had on our 15. See pic below for what our 15 looked like.

I think I have our JKU just about the way I want it until the next mod itch hits.

Last edited:

Coop

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL from Ohio! It never ends! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

BTW, the only reason I used that Metal Cloak picture add was because somebody used a picture that I took of my 15 in my back yard and used it in their add lol. The proof is in the pic of my 16 I parked as close to the same exact place in my back yard incase anyone would like to dispute the picture used in that MC add was my exact 15 JKU LOL

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom