Close

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Selling your JK when the JL comes out?

So I have a pretty young 2015 JKU with about 20K on the odometer and I'm at the place where I can't decide whether or not I should continue modding it, or wait for the JL to come out and potentially start from scratch. At this point I currently have a 2.5in TF Coil with 315 BFG KO2's with only a few other mods like, the front track bar, correction brackets and a few minor things. As I myself am in my early 20's, money is not growing on trees, so I am concened with making sure I don't just piss away money, however I do have a good job in the financial industry so trading the JK for a JL would be possible. All of this being taken into account, what do y'all think about the situation? I know we haven't seen much of the JL at all, but do you who have JK's with the 3.6L suspect you will be selling for a JL? Also, how many years after initial release do we give FCA to iron out the inevitable issues that will arise with the first rendition of the JL?
    ROXI | 2015 Jeep JKU Sahara White
    315 BFG KO2 | Teraflex 2.5 Coil Lift | Onyx AEV Pintlers | Rock Krawler Adjustable Front TB | AEV Geo Correction Brackets | JW Speaker EVO J |Alpine 9 Speaker with Sub & Pioneer AVH-x4800bs | AntennaX CB

Nothing but a Thing Draconianwinter's Avatar
    Personally I have no intentions of ever selling my 2dr rubicon. If I but anything else it will be a straight purchase and then it will either be a older stingray late 70 early 80s model or another cj7 to build up. Aside from that I intend for this to be my last major purchase in the vehicle category. That's just me though. At 41 years old no more than I will be able to drive it it will not get many miles on it over the years anyway.

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Awe I am going to slow for your tastes? well to bad if I ain't being paid I ain't in no hurry lol

Selling your JK when the JL comes out?

If you're going to trade, I'd wait for a year or two for the first year issues to be hammered out.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Caught the Bug
    plus, I highly doubt modifications will be as good in year 1 of a new body style as they will be in year 3/4/5. It takes time to get kinks out of how best to do stuff with mods, etc.

Never buy the first year model. Especially,. When they revamp like the motor, etc. Just my opinion.

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
    Gots
    17-Inch Rubi Wheels
    32" BFG KM M/T's 255/75/17 Tires
    18/59 Springs & Rubi Shocks
    TF Leveling Kit
    1.5" Spidertrax Spacers
    Warn Rock Crawler Stubby & Engo 9000 Winch
    EVO Mfg Rear Bolt On "D" Ring Mounts
    EVO Mfg Rear Corner Rock Skins
    Rough Country Skids

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do...
    Explore. Dream. Discover."

"Take a compass, because it's always awkward when you have to eat a friend."

I plan on adding it to my garage, probably in 2022.
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Glad to see that my concerns regarding issues that might arise in the early model years a mirrored on WOL. Thinking I probably shouldn't worry about swapping for a JL for several years. Hadn't even thought about the aftermarket support issue, good point.

ROXI | 2015 Jeep JKU Sahara White
    315 BFG KO2 | Teraflex 2.5 Coil Lift | Onyx AEV Pintlers | Rock Krawler Adjustable Front TB | AEV Geo Correction Brackets | JW Speaker EVO J |Alpine 9 Speaker with Sub & Pioneer AVH-x4800bs | AntennaX CB

Frankly I haven't seen anything that would make me want to trade in mine. Besides losing my ass on the mods I've already done, I don't see that the JL will be much of a clean sheet re-design.
    Certainly nothing like the YJ-to-TJ-to-JK changes. I don't see it being any more capable than the JK either. Sure. there will be new trim, interior, and conveniences perhaps, but its not a "gotta have it" for me.

And I will never ever buy a first year model again. Done that in the past & regretted it every time!

Last thing I want now is a shiny new jeep and wheeling is better when you don't care about a few scratches. Jeeps get better with age.....

Short answer - nope.

Almost as short answer - My plan is to never get rid of my current JKU. I've bought, sold, and traded way too many vehicles. I am very content with the design and features of the JK.