Hinrichs build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Seeing the factory diff take a hit makes me feel good. Diff covers are on my short list, but won't be on my rig before I'm up at Rausch this coming Saturday.
It took the hit well, but will be replaced once I decide which cover I want to go with, also still trying to decide on which stabilizer I want or to just try out the redneck ram kit. Peeled the dip off the wheels for a slight change, plus one was peeling itself off in one sheet actually, and kind of like the silver again. I may try white or a bright color for fun soon. Bad pic since it somehow got wavy, but put on my ore sticker on the windshield. Also did a decent hand wash for the first time since ive owned her (usually just use the car wash self service)

Attachments

• image-3444194750.jpg
    image-3444194750.jpg
    470 KB · Views: 411
  • image-2235366197.jpg
    image-2235366197.jpg
    380 KB · Views: 413
still trying to decide on which stabilizer I want or to just try out the redneck ram kit.

I have a synergy one (which I think is actually manufactured by Fox) I and am happy with it so far. It is valved/pressurized very well and has no push drift. This said, after we talked Saturday I got into some rocks and felt the lack of steering you were talking about and now see hydro assist in my long term future.... In truth, I don't think it would be necessary on most of the trails I am on around home, but if/when you get the chance to get into the rocks the stock steering isn't up to snuff. (at least with 37+ tires)

My opinion is that even with the sector shaft brace, and "better" SS... All I have done is polish a turd. While it's pretty... it's still a turd ;)

MICP3309

When you zoom in you can see my sweet dented factory diff cover mod.

Seeing the factory diff take a hit makes me feel good. Diff covers are on my short list, but won't be on my rig before I'm up at Rausch this coming Saturday.

Hinrichs, might want to pop off that cover and check your gears.. my cover was just about INTO my gears!!! Only a few millimeters away from them, and it looks like your dent is just about the same as mine was.

So yes they can take a hit... but i would not want to have to trust them to stop anything... mine was from a rotted stump(not even anything solid:eek:)

I went with ARBs and am really happy. Love that I have a separate "dip-stick" for each diff now, also magnetic to check for wear..

Attachments

• 922816_10200732322686905_1444798378_n.jpg
    922816_10200732322686905_1444798378_n.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 387
  • 1383182_10201620095680675_1327101359_n.jpg
    1383182_10201620095680675_1327101359_n.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 389

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Im sure its very close, I just need to make myself order a new cover. How easy is the dip stick to actually use?

MICP3309

You measure it when installing, so its at the right height as seen here. Then screws in above the "A" in ARB. easy as checking the engine oil after that! The same hole is used to fill, and theres a separate drain plug on the bottom. Both are recessed to prevent damage, as is all the hardware.

Attachments

• download (5).jpg
    download (5).jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 373

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I will prolly end up with poison spyder ones due to price, only doing the front however for now. The arb seems nice but just kind of a lot of money.

Hack12

I will prolly end up with poison spyder ones due to price, only doing the front however for now. The arb seems nice but just kind of a lot of money.

I agree. I really want the ARB covers too but every time I place them in a shopping cart I never end up pulling the trigger.

I'm gonna check out the Poison Spyders too.

MICP3309

Agreed.. I prolly would have gone the same route, grabbed those when I was at the open house for my local shop. ARB had a guy there and everything ARB was 15% - 25% off for the one day show!!! $150 each made it a lot easier to justify.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I agree. I really want the ARB covers too but every time I place them in a shopping cart I never end up pulling the trigger.

I'm gonna check out the Poison Spyders too.

Just called Northridge and here is what they said. They said the ARB are the nicest with what they offer, finish, and also the recessed bolts, but they agree they are very expensive. I mean I could do front and back poison for the price of one arb. I don't really like the look of them personally, don't care about making the spyder fancy. I would like a dynatrac but they are also spendy.

Basically whatever you choose is good from what they told me.

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Diff covers is something I need to get also. I like the dynatrac, but to do both jeeps I'd around $600 bucks. No discounts with them or arb I believe. The ps ones are made by riddler I think, don't quote me on that. But they seem to hold up. I think mtg has them.

JLE21

just caught up with your build, those half doors look sick!!! well done :clap2: you sir have one bad ass 2 door!

whiteyjfm

Nice rig, I like they way you did your Jeep. We have the Poison Spider diff covers on our Jeep and they are very nice and hold up very well. I wanted the ARB's too, but can't justify their price. Good luck with your choice.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Well made up my mind to just get the poison spyder ones and ill prolly get front and back since I should prolly service my diffs anyway (17k). Now should I get the bare ones and paint them, or just pay the extra $10 and get the powdercoated ones? I know if I paint them I wont do the fancy way most guys do anyway since I have no patience when it comes to painting things.

noroad

Well made up my mind to just get the poison spyder ones and ill prolly get front and back since I should prolly service my diffs anyway (17k). Now should I get the bare ones and paint them, or just pay the extra $10 and get the powdercoated ones? I know if I paint them I wont do the fancy way most guys do anyway since I have no patience when it comes to painting things.

get the bare ones and paint them this way u can paint the spyder a diff color!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer

how much would primer and paint run you? may as well spend to 10 bucks and save some time also. :thumb:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Front and rear ps covers ordered and went with the coated ones, was gonna have my guy do them but for 10 more it was a no brainer at all. Also went with a black loaded prolink to get rid of the slightly broken hook.

mrmet1983

Get some prorock axles they come with dynatrac diff covers lol just joking

I don't always wheel , but when I do I keep it tight......... Stay dirty my friends.

Top Bottom