Hinrichs build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I say jeep.

For the bolts: place a nut over the bolt head and weld the nut to the bolt head (thru the middle of the nut). The heat will help loosen the bolt too. Not sure about the effect on the surrounding sheet metal, but your not putting much heat in to weld it.

hmm this could work, but prolly not easy enough due to the rust/powdercoat/paint tho. Im gonna find my bolt extractor and mess with it this weekend depending on how much snow we get.

Wish I could easily heat my garage more so I can re-paint the skins tho and get some paint on the rear corners while im at it. 54-56 just isn't enough for painting I don't think.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
gotta get me a set of half doors, your jeep is looking sick! :rock:

I love them, only had the full doors on one time to go to the body shop so far. I need to somehow get your hood someday.

Your Jeep is looking sexy brother! Im glad to see your back up and running and decided not to part it out! Where did you score the Nitto door decals?

ebay

Awesome shot! Your Jeep looks great!

thanks man

big dr

I think these are the first pics I'v seen of your jeep. No surprise I think it looks bad ass!! What type of snorkel did you have, and did you remove it permanently, or just temporarily? I ask because if I ever get one, I think Ill need to put it through the hood, similar to what it looks like you did.:beer:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It's off for good in a way due to a hail damaged hood, which I still have tho just incase. I actually got it when I was more stock, Cuz I didn't plan to lift it much and there's a lot of deep water where we wheel and thought it was cool at that time. It does seal better I think than some of the competition due to it comes through the hood and uses a rubber doughnut to seal the airbox to the snorkel. Now it's collecting dust in the basement.

I'm jealous of your stretch, the front looks badass underhood

big dr

Thx, it came together nicely. Soon I'm going to take it back to my fab guy and reenforce the shock towers with some gussets. But if you saw the pics I posted,, you can see the passenger tower prevents me from using most snorkel systems, so I'd like to make something that goes through the hood toward the rear edge and have it sit very low and when it comes time for water have a 1-2 foot extender pipe. That mod is low on the list due to the fact there isn't much water in So Cal!!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Not sure when Ill be able to start a stretch, or If I ever will but its definitely on my list for sure. I was hoping to get some kind of deal from my local shop on some of his brand coilovers, but that's a loosing battle even when he is thinking about selling off his shares to the company so I mean why not just give me some to try out lol?

I do like the way genright does their 2 door stretches tho in the back due to still having a fender but just extending the wheel opening a good amount.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So went to park the subaru like usual, have to back in and go on the grass partly, but got stuck due to the ice that formed the past few cold days

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423001798.403974.jpg

Go grab the jeep (didn't wanna start) and drive around for a few min to warm up and do dumb snow climbs

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423001851.597831.jpg

Then headed back, go to use the winch...yep cable is frozen once again like last year so had to use a strap to pull her like 4 feet onto the driveway

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1423001911.561803.jpg

Gonna prolly take the jeep to work tomorrow, but it's sleeping inside the garage tonight to thaw out

Recurve

Hard to believe the Subaru got stuck there. Makes the world of difference when there's ice.
Yeah I was using winch last weekend climbing a hill, I made sure to use a lot of wd-40 to keep the cable from sticking together.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Go out to start finally working on the jeep after problems with my pets...

Go to switch where I have things in the spod, and it doesn't work. Odd part is when I pull the one 2 amp fuse it has, it works, but when I plug it back in I hear a relay trip and then nothing get power.

Top Bottom