Hinrichs build

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Half doors on a four door are probably like my old 09 that didn't have power locks. You had you reach your hand back to the lock from the front. Needless to say, it was a pita.

I wouldnt mind just buying the power kits, but that alone for front and rear would be $600 or so, but then again the rears alone with no uppers are 1200. Forgot how expensive they really are. I was lucky to find my set used and only needing paint.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Cage pulled, spod and wiring, all trim back in, cb and wires pulled, forgot how heavy the arb twin is.

Oh and learned to never leave plastics near a puppy

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438467687.037607.jpg

Jk909

Sorry if I missed something but did you get the four door yet? I'm interested in seeing what you do to it. Your 2 door was one of my favorite builds to read through.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Sorry if I missed something but did you get the four door yet? I'm interested in seeing what you do to it. Your 2 door was one of my favorite builds to read through.

Not yet. Still pulling parts on mine currently to get it ready for the trade in value. Just being lazy about it cuz i am having a hard time deciding on going auto or manual again.

It's gonna be a big change I feel having the extra space. I did fall back in love with my 2 door today tho driving around with no doors.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Wow finally caught up with this thread. Congrats on getting a 4 door soon. From a former 2-door guy I can tell you wheeling a 4 door is much more comfortable and the extra space rocks!

OJK12

Not yet. Still pulling parts on mine currently to get it ready for the trade in value. Just being lazy about it cuz i am having a hard time deciding on going auto or manual again.

It's gonna be a big change I feel having the extra space. I did fall back in love with my 2 door today tho driving around with no doors.

Having just got rid of my manual and switching to an auto all I can say is I'd never go back to a stick with a JK in the rocks. I'm not regretting it at all. I know that some people will disagree but for me when I'm playing in the big rock garden it's just so much nicer to drive the auto. Good luck in your decision though.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Corners, sliders and rockers are staying on.

Holes for the carrier brackets I'm just gonna throw bolts in. Not the best but no other option unless I order another set of corners and save these.

Panda

Corners, sliders and rockers are staying on.

Holes for the carrier brackets I'm just gonna throw bolts in. Not the best but no other option unless I order another set of corners and save these.

That'll work nobody will notice the extra bolts, I'm curios as to how much you are putting on the new rig, are you going to put the carrier on the new one? Bumper? Lift?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
That'll work nobody will notice the extra bolts, I'm curios as to how much you are putting on the new rig, are you going to put the carrier on the new one? Bumper? Lift?

I have no clue where to put the license plate at the moment which i need to come up with something for that.

I plan to swap everything on the new one. Parts will all need a good sand blast and paint tho, the d-ring mounts alone are quite rusty. I am not sure about the lift yet, probably end up selling the springs and shocks and then go with bolt ons for the new one. Ive always wanted them and figure its the time to justify the purchase once I sell the half doors to offset the cost.

Panda

I have no clue where to put the license plate at the moment which i need to come up with something for that.

I plan to swap everything on the new one. Parts will all need a good sand blast and paint tho, the d-ring mounts alone are quite rusty. I am not sure about the lift yet, probably end up selling the springs and shocks and then go with bolt ons for the new one. Ive always wanted them and figure its the time to justify the purchase once I sell the half doors to offset the cost.

Just zip tie the plate to the spare lol, sounds like a good plan though, good luck with the trade in, don't let em low ball ya, it'll be fun to watch the new build :thumb:

Recurve

Going to a four door huh? Nice ! Well, I will chime in an say I love my auto! It's my first automatic vehicle an it's great for trail riding. IMO if you find a good auto then go for it!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Going to a four door huh? Nice ! Well, I will chime in an say I love my auto! It's my first automatic vehicle an it's great for trail riding. IMO if you find a good auto then go for it!

Yeah finally decided to make the switch.

So I got the front bumper pulled and stock back on. Only thing left is the suspension which I am debating on just leaving on.

Top Bottom