Hinrichs build

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Learned today that I got lucky with getting my rear axle shaft under warranty for the bent flange...just have no faith in them anymore to not happen again since it was on maybe a week. Is Yukon a bad brand?

Prolly gonna only mall crawl for a while till I think about parting or selling it.

Parting and selling your Jeep?!?!

Loading please wait....

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It is a sad sad day :(

Loading please wait....

i really REALLY hope he doesnt sell/part it out but i would understand why if he did. he has spent lots of money trying to sort out this noise that keep reaccuring to no avail. then break a rear shaft and brand new axle shafts on the first trip out on an easy trail. i feel for him, i really do. it sucks that it has driven him to the point of wanting to sell. :grayno::(:tearsdrip:

Tigrcky

i really REALLY hope he doesnt sell/part it out but i would understand why if he did. he has spent lots of money trying to sort out this noise that keep reaccuring to no avail. then break a rear shaft and brand new axle shafts on the first trip out on an easy trail. i feel for him, i really do. it sucks that it has driven him to the point of wanting to sell. :grayno::(:tearsdrip:

I hope he doesn't seems like a new rear axle is the answer. I wish I could help :-(

Sent from my whatchamacallit

Armydog

Dude, seriously sad to hear that. IF you sell it off, you could always get a TJ to build. I know there's a lot less tech and creature comforts in the TJ models, but you can build from there....

I get that you are frustrated, but don't give up on the life......

Hope it works out, brother.:beer:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
If you call Yukon they will get you a new shaft. Or I would be raising hell in the shop that installed them. Also if that shop can't figure out the noise go somewhere else. I can't imagine nobody can figure out the noise.

I would hate to see you sell over some stupid shit.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If you call Yukon they will get you a new shaft. Or I would be raising hell in the shop that installed them. Also if that shop can't figure out the noise go somewhere else. I can't imagine nobody can figure out the noise.

I would hate to see you sell over some stupid shit.

Well the last I heard was that Yukon doesn't normally warranty a bend....he said its a "yes and no" kinda thing. Only being on for like maybe a week or more, I don't understand why it happened. I mean yeah I was wedged in tight on that trail, but don't feel that is what did it so maybe it was a mfg defect on this one. I just don't trust the shafts and don't have the money to go to a different brand anymore. I don't go hard and fast, drive kinda careful on the road and avoid most holes and stuff.

The part that's really bothering me is how long its taking to get this one in. It was supposed to just be a new one sent, and then myne sent in. I know my guy was busy but it will prolly end up being 2 weeks now which I cant have happen again till I get a good daily or something.

Well shafts finally shipping out today to me.... so maybe I can at least move the jeep this week cuz its blocking the truck which needs to be sold.

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
It left the driveway today

Attachments

• image-2388667678.jpg
    image-2388667678.jpg
    439.5 KB · Views: 316
  • image-3687711314.jpg
    image-3687711314.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 313
Don't part it out man... :grayno: I screwed something up on mine that day too. I think I ruined my input shaft bearings on my tranny... and although I'll have to rebuilt it as some point I don't want to sell it. I wasn't trilled either thought so I can understand the frustration. Just mall crawl for a while with it, just until you get that feel back, and you will. I can feel your pain through. It does kinda make you gun shy. We'll get you back in the saddle again ;)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Don't part it out man... :grayno: I screwed something up on mine that day too. I think I ruined my input shaft bearings on my tranny... and although I'll have to rebuilt it as some point I don't want to sell it. I wasn't trilled either thought so I can understand the frustration. Just mall crawl for a while with it, just until you get that feel back, and you will. I can feel your pain through. It does kinda make you gun shy. We'll get you back in the saddle again ;)

I'm hoping an upcoming trip with no issues will give him that special feeling back

Top Bottom