Running the Ktrail in March .. OK.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Would love to run it. We have two people on vacation that weekend already, though. Looks like I'm out :(

I won't be ready by then unfortunately, have a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

shame to hear it ........... i'm not gonna get in any kinda rush doing it since I am going to be on vacation for the week so may just wind up spending more than one night in the same camp and try to get in some of the side hikes and trails that are off it if it winds up just being me ..............

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
ive never run it so cant tell ya much.. seen a bunch of vids on utube for it .. know its a good length spans okla. into ark. from what im seeing on google maps with nice side runs off it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

I would like to know more about the trail. I used to hunt all over that area.

I've ran it once. When I ran it 3 years ago, the first leg of the trail was nice. It's a very mild trail. Stock Jeeps would do fine on it. Great views at 12k feet.

The second leg of the trail was extremely overgrown and very narrow. It was pinstrip city. I probably wouldn't run this leg of it again because it was literally like driving straight through a forest of pine trees.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dwvninety

I ran it in April 2015 and at that time the locals put spikes on the water crossing. I ripped one tire and punctured 3 tires. The only tire that was spared was the front driver side. The 1st part of the trail is easy, the 2nd to the watch tower is pin stripe city, the 3rd part to Mena AR is just a gravel road.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
well been playing phone tag with the forest service and unable to find out either way on if it indeed has become private land .. sorry but a game warden having jurisdiction over N.F. lands just doesnt seem right to me .... so the new plan is no ktrail run . instead going to head up to Utah hit Grand Escalante and Capitiol Reef .. may toss Moab into it since i will be in the neighborhood anyways ....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using WAYALIFE mobile app

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Something doesn't sound right about the game warden part. If isnt NFS land, then jurisdiction would be the county sheriff and they probably have jurisdiction in NFS land as well. The game warden only has jurisdiction with respect to fish and game.

Having said that though, Oklahoma Game Wardens ARE technically state police. And private land is private land.

No matter what, the county sheriff will have jurisdiction in their county minus any federal jurisdiction issues.

They are a little protective down there.

Overland_stormtrooper

Caught the Bug
Something doesn't sound right about the game warden part. If isnt NFS land, then jurisdiction would be the county sheriff and they probably have jurisdiction in NFS land as well. The game warden only has jurisdiction with respect to fish and game.

Having said that though, Oklahoma Game Wardens ARE technically state police. And private land is private land.

No matter what, the county sheriff will have jurisdiction in their county minus any federal jurisdiction issues.

They are a little protective down there.

couldn't ever get in direct contact with the local nfs , we played phone tag for the better part of last week before i just gave up trying to reach them , may try again now that i am back home and still would like to find out one way or the other .......

Top Bottom