Your Jeep OCD Tendencies!

naysjp

Caught the Bug
Found another one..

This falls into the cleaning aspect. Whenever your filling up with gasoline, and the pump doesn't stop and gets fuel all over your fender and paint. :mad:

I scrubbed my fender with the windshield cleaner brush... haha! and then 303 when I got home!

You must have saw me pump gas last month. I hadn't spilled gas in 10 yrs because I hate the smell of gas on my hands and shoes and it happened! I used so many paper towels and so much windshield cleaner. LOL

boardsurfer

I wash my jeep MAYBE twice a year. When I do I tell my wife "now don't roll down the window until the water dries or it will leave like you know those marks due to the felt and rubber". Sure as shit she does it. Bugs the shit outta me!

Oh my god this is me. Dont roll the dang windows down! It's probably the only time I ever use the AC. :cheesy:

chitown35

LOSER
I hate the idea of wheel spacers. When installing them I torqued the nuts one at a time in 10 ft lb increments

Sent from my galaxy s5 but it would've been quicker to drive my jeep there and tell you.

No bird poop..
I won't wash my jeep for any reason until a bird drops a bomb on my jeep. It's been nine months until the last two weeks. I have now washed my jeep three times. I think this qualifies.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

aermid

New noises. Today I started OCDing on a new noise. This sounded like I kept hitting something on the turns but it wasn't every turn. At first I thought I was nuts/paranoid. I'm still really new and after my last trip my sway bars were making some noise and just needed retightening. This noise was different. So at lunch I jumped on the bumpers and rails trying to reproduce it rocking it around; looking like a crazy person. No luck. Then my friend said the obvious, "think it's mud falling?". Mud! Right! We went wheeling over the break and I haven't cleaned up yet. Looked in the OEM splash guard where it curves up a little and there was a bunch of dried rock/mud globs the size of my hand that had been rolling around when I took turns a little faster. I felt pretty stupid but glad I found it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Napalm

Bumping this wonderful thread up for one of my least favorite OCD tendencies.

Going through the process of coping with a new scratch!

Can I clean it off? Can I polish it off? I have to buy something to replace it? Why do these thoughts plague my mind for a scratch that most couldn't see with a microscope?! Oh well.. it's a Jeep. I guess it can be like this. [emoji23]

Judesign

Caught the Bug
New noises. Today I started OCDing on a new noise. This sounded like I kept hitting something on the turns but it wasn't every turn. At first I thought I was nuts/paranoid. I'm still really new and after my last trip my sway bars were making some noise and just needed retightening. This noise was different. So at lunch I jumped on the bumpers and rails trying to reproduce it rocking it around; looking like a crazy person. No luck. Then my friend said the obvious, "think it's mud falling?". Mud! Right! We went wheeling over the break and I haven't cleaned up yet. Looked in the OEM splash guard where it curves up a little and there was a bunch of dried rock/mud globs the size of my hand that had been rolling around when I took turns a little faster. I felt pretty stupid but glad I found it.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

This. Ironically I drive the most squeak laden clunk prone vehicle in the history of mankind and I don't want to hear shit when I crawl over a speed bump. I don't think I've ever not been chasing down a noise of some kind.

black pearl

Hooked

Can I clean it off? Can I polish it off? I have to buy something to replace it? Why do these thoughts plague my mind for a scratch that most couldn't see with a microscope?! Oh well.. it's a Jeep. I guess it can be like this. [emoji23]

I broke my wife of the new scratch blues when I got home with the jeep looking like this [emoji23][emoji23] granted the dust makes it look worse than it really is. I see it as all part of the game IMG_5793.JPG

sipafz

Caught the Bug

I keep getting new scratches on my painted fenders. The other day while working on something I noticed that my keys which are always on my belt loop were rubbing against the rear fender. Now I can't stop starting at it and it will be that way until the new scratch comes [emoji31].

Last edited:

Evil

I keep getting new scratches on my painted fenders. The other day while working on something I noticed that my keys which are always on my belt loop were rubbing against the rear fender. Now I can stop starting at it and it will be that way until the new scratch comes [emoji31].

Sounds like you can use a Keybar :cheesy:

Top Bottom