Do i have TPMS sensors?

Frydaddy

the joys of buying a used vehicle haha

So i guess if ALL JKs came from the factory with them then mine should have them in there and the fact that im not seeing a tire PX thing come up in my menu should mean that someone either took them out or disabled them? Some college level logic there haha

So if i let the guy keep his sensors like he wants to and for some reason i take these over to discount tire to mount and they do not have sensors can i just get them installed without any sensors? I couldnt care less if i have a little light pop up telling me my tires are low, its not my DD and i can check the PX myself. I just dont want the computer freaking out on me and going limp mode because of something stupid like not having TPMS. Or to end up running into discount tire not wanting to install them without sensors and then going to have to buy some

The Sport models won't display pressures on the dash, only a light alert. And if the sensors were removed, there will be a TPMS fail light (maybe the same symbol) but it will not affect the rest of the vehicle.

desertrunner

The Sport models won't display pressures on the dash, only a light alert. And if the sensors were removed, there will be a TPMS fail light (maybe the same symbol) but it will not affect the rest of the vehicle.

sweet good to know thanks!

Im gonna try dropping some pressure out and drive to gas station with air and see if it comes on and that should give me the answer

Napalm

If a Sport has the connectivity group, it should show the pressures for the tires. Mine does.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

desertrunner

OK the verdict is in! I DO have tpms!

according to the option sheet my Jeep does have the connectivity group but doesnt show the PX on the dash :thinking: But who knows its used maybe someone turned it off IDK.

My valve stems dont say TPMS on them like the picture above BUT mine have a hard plastic ring right where yours is written so maybe its under there.

Either way i dropped the PX to 28 and drove it to the gas station with air and no light. so since i was there already i dropped it to 22 and ding ding the light came on. Filled it back up and the light went out

Jason2012JKUR

My Rubicon only has the Government mandated TPMS low pressure warning system indicator. Some JK depending on options do not have the advanced EVIC cluster and only show an icon of low pressure. It's a sure bet that your jeep has TPMS as it is a regulation that the manufacturer must comply with. If you choose not to run the sensors for your jeep you will be annoyed with the consent reminder that your tires are low. I've been doing for a year and you get used to it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

GS-RON

If I remember correctly, seldom happens at my age, ALL cars and light trucks 2006 and newer have some sort of TPMS system, federal rule.
Some use pressure sensors in the tire and some measure the wheel speed with the ABS speed sensors.
Simply put, a low tire is effectively shorter than a full one and the ECU reads the higher speed as a low pressure situation.
Some one could still remove the pressure sensors and/or remove the "idiot" light.

Bustedback

My 2012 Rubicon only has the warning light and a low tire message on the odometer when I start the engine. When I got new wheels and tires I got new TPMS sensors, but I found my Jeep didn't handle and ride as well with the larger tires aired to the factory spec. Now I run the tires at 28psi and have a warning light. Don't even notice it much anymore.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom