My life with a Brick

JKbrick

WAVE [emoji112] Here is my short story, I live just north of Ft Wayne In. and own a plumbing company. Brick is only my 2nd jeep, here is my first one
IMG_0387.JPG
In 2012 I bought my 2009 from a lady that had only put 6,000 miles on him. This is day 1
IMG_0777.JPG
The first mods were a JKS lift, c gussets, sleeves (I know), spacers, shocks, rock star skids, quarter pounder with Warn winch and rear d ring mounts, then I just drove it a little here and there for a couple years. I've purchased driveshafts from a couple guys on here and changed those, bought my pro steers from a guy here and just installed those and that is what started this whole thread. I usually work on it by myself and my hands are typically too dirty to use my phone so not a lot of pictures. Just finished putting EVO 2" coils on the front and rear spacers to lower it a little bit, and will have slabs in April. I really enjoy working on other Jeeps for people, I just have them buy a part I need or want for me for doing the work. Currently installing a lift for my neighbor, doing steering on a different jeep that had 4 steering stabilizers and death wobble, and a guy with a 2 door waiting on a lift. Not much wheeling pics at all, too hard to get away from the business but maybe someday. That's really about it, thanks for reading and I hope to meet some of you one of these days

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
Me again, in April I should be receiving schrino's slabs I think so I'm looking for 35" coopers. Do I want the 315/70R17 or 295/70R17?

I know with BFG, 315's will fit on a 9.5" wide wheel, a 10" width wheel is recommended with a 35 to get the same width pattern.

both were about 34.5"

also consider the load rating so you don't end up with a super stiff sidewall.

JKbrick

Got my neighbors done today
IMG_7711.JPG
2.5" JKS lift, before driving it its measuring just under 4" in the front and 3.5" in back
Had my little helper again
IMG_7709.JPG
I guess for not even being 3 yet she must watch what I do
IMG_7710.JPG
She did pretty well
Next up will be my insurance guys red 2 door, stay tuned

Edit: I forgot to show the trim job to get to the pass side top shock nut, that wasn't like my 09
IMG_7706.JPG

Also, what do you guys with newer Jeeps do with the front brake lines? These are different also

Last edited:

XJADDICTION

Banned
Got my neighbors done today
View attachment 242472
2.5" JKS lift, before driving it its measuring just under 4" in the front and 3.5" in back
Had my little helper again
View attachment 242473
I guess for not even being 3 yet she must watch what I do
View attachment 242474
She did pretty well
Next up will be my insurance guys red 2 door, stay tuned

Edit: I forgot to show the trim job to get to the pass side top shock nut, that wasn't like my 09
View attachment 242475

Also, what do you guys with newer Jeeps do with the front brake lines? These are different also

I'm just gonna say it cause I have to say it and I've seen the results and it ain't pretty and it's often devastating! Don't lift a vehicle up with a floor jack and no jack stands and think it's ok. it's not, and seeing that sweet little girl there that I am sure you love dearly... well it makes me feel sick.

Be safe my jeeper friends, please don't do this.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I'm just gonna say it cause I have to say it and I've seen the results and it ain't pretty and it's often devastating! Don't lift a vehicle up with a floor jack and no jack stands and think it's ok. it's not, and seeing that sweet little girl there that I am sure you love dearly... well it makes me feel sick.

Be safe my jeeper friends, please don't do this.

I know better and appreciate the scolding, I was getting ready to put the tires back on and she got in there, I am better than that and should have moved her instead of taking a picture

WJCO

Meme King
I know better and appreciate the scolding, I was getting ready to put the tires back on and she got in there, I am better than that and should have moved her instead of taking a picture

With all this being said, it looks to me like something was still holding the lf up. The floor jack was on the RF. Maybe a bottle jack or something in front of the girl.

JKbrick

With all this being said, it looks to me like something was still holding the lf up. The floor jack was on the RF. Maybe a bottle jack or something in front of the girl.

Unfortunately I had pulled my jackstands and turned around to get the tire when she walked up there. I am a retired volunteer firefighter/first responder and should have known better. Shit happens in a split second and I've seen the results and they are not pretty, trust me. Maybe you should take that picture out of there so it doesn't give anyone else bad ideas.

WJCO

Meme King
Unfortunately I had pulled my jackstands and turned around to get the tire when she walked up there. I am a retired volunteer firefighter/first responder and should have known better. Shit happens in a split second and I've seen the results and they are not pretty, trust me. Maybe you should take that picture out of there so it doesn't give anyone else bad ideas.

It's your call. I can pull it if you want. However with the thread and text, it may be a better idea to leave it, people should be able to read through the lines. Your call. Glad nothing happened though.

JKbrick

It's your call. I can pull it if you want. However with the thread and text, it may be a better idea to leave it, people should be able to read through the lines. Your call. Glad nothing happened though.

Leave it for a learning tool, everyone can just know I screwed up

JKbrick

This was March 9
IMG_0759.JPG
Sold my wheels and tires getting ready for new ones. Got word that scrhino's rig got to ORE Friday so after they take off his slabs I'll send them money and they will ship them to indiana

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Hey Brick,

What are the shock numbers you are running with the EVO coils?

I'll get the receipts and let you know. If I recall they were for 1" to 3" of lift but I have the numbers

I am currently running shocks that have an extended length of 25" front and rear. Ran them with zero issues, just added rockstars on the rear, we will see how that goes, it should give me any issues. Just thought id throw it out there.

JKbrick

Hey Brick,

What are the shock numbers you are running with the EVO coils?

I am currently running shocks that have an extended length of 25" front and rear. Ran them with zero issues, just added rockstars on the rear, we will see how that goes, it should give me any issues. Just thought id throw it out there.

Here are the shocks that I have, they seem to be just long enough to stop extending right before my front break lines get tight. The back are a hair long from the rock star skids but I have all naw brake lines. Just not installed yet IMG_0778.JPG IMG_0779.JPG

Top Bottom