My life with a Brick

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Here is a pick of my Arb twin setup under seat. I believe I used a 90degree fitting from the compressor and a 18" braided air hose to get me to the mounting location
It is a tight squeeze even with that 90degree adapter
IMG_4247.jpg
IMG_4249.jpg Image1491080396.459556.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Hey Brick,

I am pretty much going to have the same set up as you. Are you using a 2" spacer in the rear like Kyle with your #59 coils?

JKbrick

VeruGE*144

Caught the Bug
Hey! Thank you looks good. I thought I would just put an outlet there like you did too. Thank you

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

For running the wire to compressor, besides removing the battery tray which is a total pain in the ass ( putting it back is even wore lol)
Is poking through the grommet and running the connectors through. Like I said before I managed to do this without splicing those compressor power and ground wires.

IMG_4241.jpg
IMG_4245.jpg

I am doing my 'genesis off-road' dual battery setup. I was OCD-ing about not sealing that grommet back up after cutting a big slit in it to run those compressor wires. I don't want any water in there. So I sealed it with some rtv silicone after running the wire for g screen.
IMG_4250.jpg

The best thing about this battery Tray is that it still allows access to that grommet. So I can poke right though if I want to run something else through there. Without removing the tray again yay!! Lol
IMG_4251.jpg

.....…...............................................................
MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

JKbrick

Hey Brick,

I am pretty much going to have the same set up as you. Are you using a 2" spacer in the rear like Kyle with your #59 coils?

I started with a 1/2" spacer and it measured level but looked low so I put a 1" in now but I don't have wheels and tires so not sure how it looks yet

JKbrick

For running the wire to compressor, besides removing the battery tray which is a total pain in the ass ( putting it back is even wore lol)
Is poking through the grommet and running the connectors through. Like I said before I managed to do this without splicing those compressor power and ground wires.

View attachment 251039
View attachment 251040

I am doing my 'genesis off-road' dual battery setup. I was OCD-ing about not sealing that grommet back up after cutting a big slit in it to run those compressor wires. I don't want any water in there. So I sealed it with some rtv silicone after running the wire for g screen.
View attachment 251041

The best thing about this battery Tray is that it still allows access to that grommet. So I can poke right though if I want to run something else through there. Without removing the tray again yay!! Lol
View attachment 251042

MY BUILT/REBUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?44123-Rebuilt-of-a-Billet-Silver-mall-crawler&p=859931#post859931

Is there just the one big wire for the whole job?

JKbrick

Two positive with decent size connectors and one negative, all that has to go through that grommet and connected to the battery. Took me a lot of cussing getting those through that grommet.

Ok thanks for the warning I'll make sure my little girl is inside when I tackle this

JKbrick

IMG_8122.JPG
The slabs arrived!
What does anybody think of shiny rings? I have 1 no vote so far. I don't think the body color would look good, maybe raw aluminum and not polished? Like the old brushed centerline wheels
Should I replace the valve stems since they are used?

sjd78

Valve stems are cheap so I'd definitely do those for piece of mind. Personally I like the polished idea. That way you can put your own battle scars on them. :D

AZ Explorer

Caught the Bug
New valve stems for sure. I like the basic aluminum rings, I don't think they come off as blingy at all. Plus the scratches (when you get them) aren't as noticeable until you're up close.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
View attachment 252108
The slabs arrived!
What does anybody think of shiny rings? I have 1 no vote so far. I don't think the body color would look good, maybe raw aluminum and not polished? Like the old brushed centerline wheels
Should I replace the valve stems since they are used?

I just installed mine and I don't like the shiny ring. I'm going to plastidip the ring black.

New valve stems is easy to do. I had to and discount tire gave me the stems free since I don't want TPMS

IMG_0094.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKbrick

I just installed mine and I don't like the shiny ring. I'm going to plastidip the ring black.

New valve stems is easy to do. I had to and discount tire gave me the stems free since I don't want TPMS

View attachment 252119

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

I love the color of your jeep and agree with a black ring with that color. Plasti dip is a good idea so you can touch it up

Top Bottom