List of what mods to do first

Chris1015

Hi, everyone

I've had my JK for about a month now. The obsession ins real and I read up every day mods and parts to the best I can.

Any way, my goal is to ride trails and eventually trip out to the west coast. So my priority is to handle mud, hills, etc. that are more common in my region. Things like rock crawling might be not as important now but I don't want to limit myself completely when I do go out that way.

Here's my list of what I personally think I need to do in order to mod efficiently. Im hoping for critiques and your opinions. My thought process is simple. Do the necessary mods so i dont do avoidable damage later.

This is a list of what I feel I need to do first:

D44 front axle to accommodate 35s.
Lift...2.5 or above
Fenders
Skid plate
Rock bars

How would you guys go about modding up a stock sahara?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
Hi, everyone

I've had my JK for about a month now. The obsession ins real and I read up every day mods and parts to the best I can.

Any way, my goal is to ride trails and eventually trip out to the west coast. So my priority is to handle mud, hills, etc. that are more common in my region. Things like rock crawling might be not as important now but I don't want to limit myself completely when I do go out that way.

Here's my list of what I personally think I need to do in order to mod efficiently. Im hoping for critiques and your opinions. My thought process is simple. Do the necessary mods so i dont do avoidable damage later.

Lift...2.5 or above
Fenders
Skid plate
Rock bars

Boardsurfer may have some input as he runs 35s on the stock axle with stock gears.

Every Jeep is different, so build it how you want. For what your describing, put gussets on your stock axle, leave it open, and run your 35s as long as you can. Do your lift, trim fenders for free, and don't worry about skids or sliders.

Chris1015

Boardsurfer may have some input as he runs 35s on the stock axle with stock gears.

Every Jeep is different, so build it how you want. For what your describing, put gussets on your stock axle, leave it open, and run your 35s as long as you can. Do your lift, trim fenders for free, and don't worry about skids or sliders.
Thank you!

catahoula

Caught the Bug

I second that!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Hi, everyone

Lift...2.5 or above
Fenders
Skid plate
Rock bars

I started with a rubicon, But I would SUGGEST pretty much the same:
In my opinion, the first mods for you should be
So my priority is to handle mud, hills, etc.
1)Rubicon take off wheels/tires. especially if your looking for mud
2)(ASAP) a QUALITY Winch and recovery gear... remember YOU YOURSELF said mud, so spend the coin to make sure WHEN you get stuck, you have a trusted way out.
3) go have fun and wheel it until you know what you need next for your specific wheeling.

:twocents:

WJCO

Meme King
That's all really interesting. Can't a bent axle or a damaged axle do extra wear to your tires though?

Yes it can, that's why you do the gussets. From what it sounds like you'll be using the Jeep for, this should get you by. Then if you do bend it someday, upgrade at that time.

Gravedigger11

Hi, everyone

Lift...2.5 or above
Fenders
Skid plate
Rock bars

You don't need a D44 to run 35s. The Dana 30 will be fine just slap some c gussets on. I run 35s on my Dana 30 locked and wheel some moderate to difficult trails. I try to limit bouncing or spinning the tires. I have sleeves, c gussets, chromoly shafts and it is locked. I wouldn't suggest doing all that unless you plan on keeping the axle for a while as I do. I'd buy a quality lift and winch. Don't skimp on those two you will forever regret it if you don't like them

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom