Rubicon Transfer Case swap

Neohiofan

I've got a 2014 jk Sahara 3.6l automatic. What is the part# of the rubicon transfer case that I could buy to swap out with the one I have now? Would I need anything else for the swap?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For a Sahara, you'd want to get an NV-241 but you'll need to make sure it's for a 2012-up.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
And you will need a ProCal or the like to have the transmission and t-case "read" each other.
I used the ProCal, not too sure what else works.
You have to enter the Rubi info first, if I recall then axle gearing/tire size.
If not limp mode
Ask me how I know.
:icon_crazy:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
And you will need a ProCal or the like to have the transmission and t-case "read" each other.
I used the ProCal, not too sure what else works.
You have to enter the Rubi info first, if I recall then axle gearing/tire size.
If not limp mode
Ask me how I know.
:icon_crazy:

Correct. Program for the transfer case first, the go back and program other settings as needed. AEV's website has better information, than the sheets that came with the Procal. If I remember correctly, I had to return the vehicle to stock settings, then program the T-case ratio, and lastly any other settings needed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rancho

Caught the Bug
My cheat sheet :)

IMG_20161117_113815532_HDR_zps2t0kwjyk.jpg

Correct. Program for the transfer case first, the go back and program other settings as needed. AEV's website has better information, than the sheets that came with the Procal. If I remember correctly, I had to return the vehicle to stock settings, then program the T-case ratio, and lastly any other settings needed.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

mastrcruse

I switched mine and used the procal. It's all worked out great. Took longer because I didn't want to drop the transmission crsomemeber. I worked on it for 4 hours trying to get to the lower bolt. I finally dropped the trans crossmember and it took 10 minutes, 45 minutes to put the new one in and button it all up.

Neohiofan

I've finally got my hands on a rubicon transfer case. I've got a trail dash 2 and do not see the option to program the transfer case. My last question is could I buy the AEV Procal to program the new transfer case and still use my trailndash 2 for tunes, tire size, etc?

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I've finally got my hands on a rubicon transfer case. I've got a trail dash 2 and do not see the option to program the transfer case. My last question is could I buy the AEV Procal to program the new transfer case and still use my trailndash 2 for tunes, tire size, etc?

You may want to give Superchips a call to confirm that. My personal concern would be that the Traildash would not be storing your stock tune, but rather a modified one and whether you could ever revert back if ever needed.

Top Bottom