ECM help

chili4x4

Hello.. I have a 2010 4 door Rubicon with about 135,000 miles on it. I was driving.. all was fine... then all hell breaks loose!!.. all the warning lights and bells come on.. the tach shows 0 RPM, but the speedo still works and the motor was still running. It was not in limp home mode and it didn't die when I had to stop for traffic lights... however, when I got home and shut it off.. I could not restart it. In fact, there was NOTHING. I checked battery and it was full charge.. I put jumper cables on and still had nothing with the starter.. but all the other electrical things were working.. ie door locks, horn, radio.... I have a superchips programmer and read the DTCs.. U0100 was the first code.... I got several that showed no ECM, incompatible VIN, etc..... so I guess I am wondering if you have any thoughts... I really do not want to take her back to the dealership. I found an ECM source, but don't want to gamble with a plug and play if you all have better ideas..... ???

Ddays

Hooked
The first part sounds like the classic loose battery terminal nut. Have you done any work on it that the cables were off of it or maybe added an accessory?
Even if your answer is no I'd check to see if one of the nuts isn't loose

Edit: Dammit - clicked on reply too soon - I wasn't done...

The not restarting part sounds like it could be a bad battery. I had the same symptoms and took it to an Autozone to have the battery checked. Even though it came out ok it still wouldn't start. I ended up throwing in a Walmart battery and it started perfectly.

Last edited:

chili4x4

The first part sounds like the classic loose battery terminal nut. Have you done any work on it that the cables were off of it or maybe added an accessory?

The not restarting part sounds like it could be a bad battery. I had the same symptoms and took it to an Autozone to have the battery checked. Even though it came out ok it still wouldn't start. I ended up throwing in a Walmart battery and it started perfectly.

All the parts seemed connected properly..i will definitely check again... I have not unhooked the battery and let it sit... hoping to reboot the computer.. will try that

Andy5160

Hooked

Second that post had similar issue

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hello.. I have a 2010 4 door Rubicon with about 135,000 miles on it. I was driving.. all was fine... then all hell breaks loose!!.. all the warning lights and bells come on.. the tach shows 0 RPM, but the speedo still works and the motor was still running. It was not in limp home mode and it didn't die when I had to stop for traffic lights... however, when I got home and shut it off.. I could not restart it. In fact, there was NOTHING. I checked battery and it was full charge.. I put jumper cables on and still had nothing with the starter.. but all the other electrical things were working.. ie door locks, horn, radio.... I have a superchips programmer and read the DTCs.. U0100 was the first code.... I got several that showed no ECM, incompatible VIN, etc..... so I guess I am wondering if you have any thoughts... I really do not want to take her back to the dealership. I found an ECM source, but don't want to gamble with a plug and play if you all have better ideas..... ???

As Ddays mentioned it sounds like the classic negative terminal going to shit. I would start there.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom