Safejacks - Worth it?

Bigjimbo

I've been eyeing their kit for awhile but haven't bit because of price. I have occasionally seen them have small sales, however, IMO, it was not enough to warrant the premium price. They are running a BF/CM deal at 20% off - using ELF16. I am curious is anyone has them or knows someone with them, if they feel they are worth the premium to include any other thoughts or opinions on their products.

I'm looking for this to be an in vehicle replacement, and even as a roll jack replacement.

Bigjimbo

Ive been wanting them also. The adapters/extensions are nice and will alleviate having to use or find blocks. Their videos show them rocking the vehicle both with their bottle jack and hi-lift setup.

The base plate for the hi-lift also looks money. But holy crap it's over $600 for everything.

Bigjimbo

I was looking at safejacks for a while until one day I went to tractor supply and found a bottle jack/jack stand all in one that has an extension and a small cradle on top. It is only 3-ton I don't think I would ever need to put the entire weight of the Jeep on it, one corner at a time.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/powerbuilt-3-ton-all-in-one-jack?cm_vc=-10005
Those look like they will work for me. It's got 21" of lift which should be sufficient up to 40's.

Although, I don't think I'll be able to make it all fit in the tiny cavity storage in the back.

Judesign

Caught the Bug
Home Depot also has a bottle jack/ jack stand. Like the idea. Been meaning to pick up a couple for a while

Bigjimbo

I was looking at safejacks for a while until one day I went to tractor supply and found a bottle jack/jack stand all in one that has an extension and a small cradle on top. It is only 3-ton I don't think I would ever need to put the entire weight of the Jeep on it, one corner at a time.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/powerbuilt-3-ton-all-in-one-jack?cm_vc=-10005
Your post convinced me to pick one of these up from Amazon for $40 vs the extra zero for the safe jack setup. I wanted to report back after I used it and I am glad you pointed it out.

I used it last night to change the front calipers on my Titan with a 6" lift and 35's. It worked great and was a lot faster than rolling around a jack, then set the stands and so on. The truck didn't flinch with me jumping in and out while bleeding the front lines. Also, I live in a condo, so it was also a fraction of the weight and one less tool to mule down to the garage.

While I only have one use on it, I find it worth the $40. Thank you Benito.

Top Bottom