What shock to go with?

WheelinGaumer

There are many choices when buying shocks and I am looking for some help in making that decision. I am running a a 4.5-inch short arm kit that Trail Master made several years ago. It came with SSV shocks and it's time to replace them. I would like to find a shock that is going to help both on and off road performance.

Sent from my VK815 using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
There are many choices when buying shocks and I am looking for some help in making that decision. I am running a a 4.5-inch short arm kit that Trail Master made several years ago. It came with SSV shocks and it's time to replace them. I would like to find a shock that is going to help both on and off road performance.

Sent from my VK815 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I would look for a new lift also. If you want your jeep to ride better you should be changing your coils.

Rancho makes a good shock. With those coils that you are running the RS5000 is probably all I would buy. Anything more would really be a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

ob_tj

I would look for a new lift also. If you want your jeep to ride better you should be changing your coils.

Rancho makes a good shock. With those coils that you are running the RS5000 is probably all I would buy. Anything more would really be a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app
This^^ I know it is probably different with a Jk but on my tj I have a POS skyjacker lift and coils. Changed out the shocks to bilsteins and the ride didn't change much. New/ better coils are what I needed to improve the ride quality.

swampdog

Everything suggested so far is spot on. But, please focus on coils prior to shocks. A nice set of EVO Plush rides would make a world of difference in your ride quality.

Top Bottom