JSpecs Join Forces!

Getting flexy

View attachment 249250

I agree! I love the look of your jeep and especially with the ATX/Cooper wheel/tire combo. I would most likely buy those wheels if I saw them on a silver billet JKU. BTW... really enjoyed your build thread!

This may sound crazy :crazyeyes: , but I would love to see a video of those coil springs in action going down the highway or a somewhat bumpy road. I just want to see if the softer rate completely compresses often on the road because of downforce from varying speeds or other factors. Maybe mount a GoPro under the wheel well or on the corner of the bumper (pray it doesn't fall off :whew:) set the camera to a high FPS then put in slow motion.

How does the JKS's drag link flip compare to EVO's? I was trying to compare them by mounting locations, steering stabilizer mount, sway bar link mods, modifications to the axle, etc..

GraniteCrystal

Getting flexy

View attachment 249250

I agree! I love the look of your jeep and especially with the ATX/Cooper wheel/tire combo. I would most likely buy those wheels if I saw them on a silver billet JKU. BTW... really enjoyed your build thread!

This may sound crazy :crazyeyes: , but I would love to see a video of those coil springs in action going down the highway or a somewhat bumpy road. I just want to see if the softer rate completely compresses often on the road because of downforce from varying speeds or other factors. Maybe mount a GoPro under the wheel well or on the corner of the bumper (pray it doesn't fall off :whew:) set the camera to a high FPS then put in slow motion.

How does the JKS's drag link flip compare to EVO's? I was trying to compare them by mounting locations, steering stabilizer mount, sway bar link mods, modifications to the axle, etc..

I'm open to trying! I'll see what I can do.

As far as drag link, I can't speak to the Evo one. I do see a lot of questions on here about it though which makes me wonder. The JKS was straightforward as I'd expect it to be.

GraniteCrystal

[

Here you go! Took this today. It's real time, no slow mo. Road was a backcountry gravel road with some small washboards. Top speed was around 25mph.

https://youtu.be/6xkxW7v42qE

Awesome man, you've been very helpful! Thanks for the video.

I'm pretty much sold on the JKS kit, but have a question about control arms. This may be a question for the guys at Trail Jeeps... and I could be getting in over my head with details.

If I went with JKS's fixed front lowers, would I potentially have caster issues upgrading from a Rubi 44 to a ProRock 44 or 60? Would it be best to consider adjustable lower arms if planning to upgrade my axles in the future?

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I've read that the ProRock 44 has a larger caster angle. (I think I read that MedixJK was having issues with EVO adjustable lower arms and the ProRock 44, because the arms are set to the shortest length in combination with the PR44 caster angle. I think he said he was around 8* and mentioned he would have to get upper controls to adjust the caster back.) Correct me if I'm wrong, just trying to plan ahead.

Red Knight15

Caught the Bug

I'm pretty much sold on the JKS kit, but have a question about control arms. This may be a question for the guys at Trail Jeeps... and I could be getting in over my head with details.

If I went with JKS's fixed front lowers, would I potentially have caster issues upgrading from a Rubi 44 to a ProRock 44 or 60? Would it be best to consider adjustable lower arms if planning to upgrade my axles in the future?

I'm not 100% sure, but I thought I've read that the ProRock 44 has a larger caster angle. (I think I read that MedixJK was having issues with EVO adjustable lower arms and the ProRock 44, because the arms are set to the shortest length in combination with the PR44 caster angle. I think he said he was around 8* and mentioned he would have to get upper controls to adjust the caster back.) Correct me if I'm wrong, just trying to plan ahead.

I think you can order a Prorock with or without the built in caster.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

GraniteCrystal

Good question. Since it's pretty specific to this setup (JKS lift with Dynatrac axles), I'd say it's worth calling Wes at Trail Jeeps. He's running the JSpec with Dynatrac 60/60 axles so he could definitively answer you.

WJCO

Meme King
You can most definitely order the ProRock44 without the extra caster. The extra caster is actually an add-on. Call Dynatrac to discuss it.

GraniteCrystal

You can most definitely order the ProRock44 without the extra caster. The extra caster is actually an add-on. Call Dynatrac to discuss it.
There you go. What's the benefit of it? Why do people order with extra caster?

EDIT: taller lifts with fixed arms?

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
There you go. What's the benefit of it? Why do people order with extra caster?

EDIT: taller lifts with fixed arms?

Maybe to accommodate someones aftermarket control arm setup (fixed or long arm)? So that the buyer wouldn't have to purchase any additional control arms?

More caster = better steering/handling. However, on a solid axle, when you increase caster, it automatically moves your front pinion angle lower, eventually causing driveshaft vibrations. So what Dynatrac does with the extra caster is they can build the axle with more caster so that when you install the axle, your caster is already ideal for steering and so is your pinion angle. Factory has it set up where the best caster you can get is a little shy of 5 and still have a good pinion angle. Dynatrac builds the axle so that you can have more than 6 degrees and still have a good pinion angle.

In relation to lift kits, when you lift a vehicle, your axle position changes in a way that caster decreases and your handling can become shittier. You can correct this with aftermarket arms, but you are still left with a factory axle that can't really achieve more than 5 degrees caster without sacrificing the pinion angle. Dynatrac's axle can.

IMG_20170223_204224_729.jpg

3dpilot

I did have issue with the jk lean (right rear about 1/2") after the lift. Used rear spring wedge and 1/2" spring spacer and it's leveled. Other than that, I really like the way it rides.

Sent from my SM-G920P using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom