Rhino Rubicon Unlimited Build

Vanv39

I did that to myself back when I installed a puck-leveling kit. I left those lower shock bolts hand tight. It sounded like I had rocks behind hubcaps every time I hit a bump.

I know it happens, it just sucks when you pay someone money to work on your vehicle and this happens. This is why I tend to do everything myself, but I unfortunately can't weld lol.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Vanv39

On a positive note I received and installed my Spidertrax spacers. I also loaded up my 37s to get mounted tomorrow and hopefully I will have my lift installed by the end of the weekend.

IMG_0883 by David Van Voris, on Flickr

IMG_0894 by David Van Voris, on Flickr

IMG_0897 by David Van Voris, on Flickr

IMG_0899 by David Van Voris, on Flickr

IMG_0915 by David Van Voris, on Flickr

IMG_0911 by David Van Voris, on Flickr

IMG_0906 by David Van Voris, on Flickr

IMG_0902 by David Van Voris, on Flickr

IMG_0901 by David Van Voris, on Flickr

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
You might want to check. In your picture they only did the top of the C gusset? Or I could be wrong? Should be a bottom one to.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app IMG_3058.jpg

Last edited:

Vanv39

Discount Tire would not mount my 37x13.5 on the stock rubicon wheels. I've seen this done before so I'm going to Big O to see if they will do it

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah that was kind of irritating since I bought them from Discount. Thanks for the input. If Big O can't do it there is a Costco down the street [emoji1305]

No disrespect meant toward Discount Tire Direct as they've always done right to sell me tires at a good price but lately, I have been pretty disappointed with their brick and mortar local stores. Costco has always been good to me and they even balanced my 40" Coopers mounted on bead locks and they KNEW they were bead locks. My local Tires Plus has been real good to me as well.

Good luck to you.

jkris

I had the same issue at my local Discount Tire store. I went in to buy my 35s and the guy on the phone said they would sell them o me but wouldn't mount them on my stock rims. I went in to finalize the purchase and the manager said they weren't even supposed to sell them to me. I promptly started walking out of the store and the manager stopped me and said he would throw in some rims for a super discounted price.
I don't know how they managed it but I received all 5 tires and rims for what I would have paid for just the 5 tires with mount and balance in the first place. All said and done I was pretty happy with the end result and they went out of their way to make it right.

I love how your rig is turning out btw!

Edwrds

Caught the Bug
My local discount tire will mount and balance if you take them the rims and tires and tell them they are for an off-road vehicle. As long as they are not on the vehicle. Then you have to put them on yourself at home.

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Vanv39

No disrespect meant toward Discount Tire Direct as they've always done right to sell me tires at a good price but lately, I have been pretty disappointed with their brick and mortar local stores. Costco has always been good to me and they even balanced my 40" Coopers mounted on bead locks and they KNEW they were bead locks. My local Tires Plus has been real good to me as well.

Good luck to you.

Thank you. They gave me good prices as well and have always had great service, but according to their book they can't fit those tires on the wheels. Lol

Vanv39

I had the same issue at my local Discount Tire store. I went in to buy my 35s and the guy on the phone said they would sell them o me but wouldn't mount them on my stock rims. I went in to finalize the purchase and the manager said they weren't even supposed to sell them to me. I promptly started walking out of the store and the manager stopped me and said he would throw in some rims for a super discounted price.
I don't know how they managed it but I received all 5 tires and rims for what I would have paid for just the 5 tires with mount and balance in the first place. All said and done I was pretty happy with the end result and they went out of their way to make it right.

I love how your rig is turning out btw!

Wow. Where do I get that deal? Too bad they don't sell ATX slabs or I would have just bought those through them. Thanks for the comment!

Top Bottom