Replace Upper or Lower Control Arms on 2.5 Lift ?

Replace Which Front Arms?

• Front Upper

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Front Lower

Votes: 17 81.0%
  • Both

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Neither

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with you actually he would! I think we all got a little caught up in the "I need to prove a point, Dammit!" Mode

No, you got caught up trying to make a point that a forum like WAYALIFE puts out a "tangle of misconceptions" and that somehow, the information you put out, a shop in the business of making a profit should be listened to instead.

I guess as a follow up to this, across the board we have simply had really good luck with the JKS stuff...

So have I - well, with most of their stuff anyway. Back before you started working for them, I ran 3 different versions of their front track bar before finally giving up on it altogether. The first one flexed so bad, you could physically see it just by turning the steering wheel. Even the 3rd one I got still flexed so much that I was getting death wobble and this is to say nothing about the breaks I've seen (got pics to prove this if you really want me to put them out there). Of course, the way the rear track bar is made with the jam nut on the passenger side, I found that it'd rub the coil and that was really annoying.

it has solved a lot of problems we ran into with some of the other brands.

LOL!! How convenient for you to ambiguously throw "other brands" under the bus and not offer anything to back it up.

That's been our experience, so that's what we promote. They haven't steered us wrong yet!

And, you're in the business of selling things and promoting products is what you should do. Me, the most I can offer is a "tangle of the misconceptions".

So have I - well, with most of their stuff anyway. Back before you started working for them, I ran 3 different versions of their front track bar before finally giving up on it altogether. The first one flexed so bad, you could physically see it just by turning the steering wheel. Even the 3rd one I got still flexed so much that I was getting death wobble and this is to say nothing about the breaks I've seen (got pics to prove this if you really want me to put them out there). Of course, the way the rear track bar is made with the jam nut on the passenger side, I found that it'd rub the coil and that was really annoying.

LOL!! How convenient for you to ambiguously throw "other brands" under the bus and not offer anything to back it up.

And, you're in the business of selling things and promoting products is what you should do. Me, the most I can offer is a "tangle of the misconceptions".

Holy Toledo this has transformed into a whole thing!

I want people to trust their local Jeep shop, whether it's us or someone else. The forums are an awesome sounding board, but sometimes they cause confusion and lead people down a path they wouldn't be heading down if they had come and talked to us, for instance.

As far as JKS goes it's been consistent. Consistent ride height, consistent quality, performance and durability, consistent, excellent ride quality, consistent and on time fill rates and consistent customer service and support. It's made in Michigan.

There is A LOT of great stuff out there, it's all about what is right for the Jeep owner.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Holy Toledo this has transformed into a whole thing!

LOL - I know, this should probably be it's own thread!

I want people to trust their local Jeep shop, whether it's us or someone else.

I'm sure you do. Can't sell what you're trying to promote if people don't trust you.

The forums are an awesome sounding board, but sometimes they cause confusion and lead people down a path they wouldn't be heading down if they had come and talked to us, for instance.

In other words, down a path of products you don't sell, stock or make the most profit on. God forbid people do their own research and come to their own conclusions as to what they want and based on the experience of others.

As far as JKS goes it's been consistent. Consistent ride height, consistent quality, performance and durability, consistent, excellent ride quality, consistent and on time fill rates and consistent customer service and support. It's made in Michigan.

Clearly, "consistency" is about as subjective as ride quality.

There is A LOT of great stuff out there, it's all about what is right for the Jeep owner.

So long as the Jeep owner in question comes to you first instead of getting confused and lead down the wrong path on a forum like this.

Watch WAYALIFE YouTube Videos
WAYALIFE Jeeps & Specs

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Everybody wants to trust their local shop. The problem though is that shops are "for profit" businesses that have to worry about things like profit margins and sales numbers.

This forum, however, doesn't have to worry about a bottom line. So, while you say that the forums are confusing and you want people to follow your advice as a shop...I say the exact opposite.

On this forum you get the input of people who have run many different parts, from many different manufacturers, installed by many different people. Nobody is getting paid for their opinions.

This forum is an invaluable tool for anyone who wants to do their own research and come to their own conclusions about what works for them. Armed with knowledge, they can then make better informed decisions working with their local shop or favorite retailer.

Time and time again though, I have unfortunately seen retailers/shops espouse a particular view that supports the products they are pushing...and to the detriment of the customer. I understand why the retailers/shops do it (profit) but it doesn't make the sales pitch gospel...and it certainly doesn't make this forum a place of confusion and incorrect information.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
The forums are an awesome sounding board, but sometimes they cause confusion and lead people down a path they wouldn't be heading down ...

That's what makes this particular forum so special and unique. We try to eliminate the confusion with information that is as accurate as possible.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
If anyone believes a for-profit shop will give you objective advice about products, ANY products, I can kick you in the nuts. Then maybe I can tell you it's good for your health because it toughens you up and whatnot.

Seriously TrailJeeps. Read your posts, you sound like an inexperienced fool. Do you even own a JK? Have you personally installed any of these lifts? Have you driven or wheeled any lifts other than JKS? Why not be a bit more subjective?

Here you are trying to convince people J-spec is the best thing since sliced bread. Surely you have something other than "consistency" to back it up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

dotnetrob

for anyone following the original purpose of this thread. I went a bit of a different way.

purchased and installed AEV JK Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Drop Brackets

hopefully they will do the job

WJCO

Meme King
for anyone following the original purpose of this thread. I went a bit of a different way.

purchased and installed AEV JK Geometry Correction Front Control Arm Drop Brackets

Seriously?!?! After this thread and the one back in January (http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?33779-TeraFlex-JK-2-5-quot-Coil-Kit-Questions), you went this route? So you've now just lost ground clearance and have the potential for one more thing to loosen up?

c6574cc2e4a170b1708ab0f9d7bb8854.jpg

USMC Wrangler

I thought about these but steered away due to potential loss of ground clearance. Went with adjustable FLCA's instead.

Obviously too late, but I understand the Rancho brackets are a bit stronger than AEV, if someone were to go this route. Admittedly I've never used these, just joining in on the conversation.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

:cheesy: Spent all that money raising your Jeep up only to lower a part back down that gets hit all the time on the trail and with a flimsy bracket. Perfect :thumb:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Obviously too late, but I understand the Rancho brackets are a bit stronger than AEV, if someone were to go this route. Admittedly I've never used these, just joining in on the conversation.

This ^^^

If you were going to do anything, you should have at least installed a set of much beefier Rancho brackets but hey, I'm sure that advice would have gone in one ear and out the other too. :crazyeyes:

Is it too late to stop the order and get a refund? You don't want to go that route...just get front LCA's like everyone had said.

USMC Wrangler

Is it too late to stop the order and get a refund? You don't want to go that route...just get front LCA's like everyone had said.

I'd guess yes, since "installed" was mentioned.

Overall "build thread"
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?26097-I-guess-it-s-the-quot-Super-Stocker-quot-build

DIY trail/tube door build http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?24449-My-DIY-Doors

WJCO

Meme King

That was my first thought it he said he already installed them. I guess it's cheaper than buying 4 arms or 6 arms which was suggested earlier in this thread.

USMC Wrangler

Top Bottom