How to raise leaf springs?

Speeddmn

Put a block between the spring and the perch on the axle. Will also need longer U bolts.

PS, dont use a 2x4 wood block. Lift kits will come the correct block

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My friend has an older (04 I think) Tundra she wants to put a lift on. The front are coils but the rear is leaf springs. Anybody done a lift on something like that and can offer some advice?

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?p=621404

Depends. You could install blocks or, if one is available, you could add a leaf or, depending on how tall she wants to go, you could install new leaf springs that yield more lift or, if she wants to go really tall, she could do a spring over setup - although, I don't know if I would recommend that.

WJCO

Meme King
Some vehicles even run the axle on top of the leaf springs and you can flip it under the springs to gain height. Likely a good kit will have everything. I hear good stuff about Toytec.

GraniteCrystal

Depends. You could install blocks or, if one is available, you could add a leaf or, depending on how tall she wants to go, you could install new leaf springs that yield more lift or, if she wants to go really tall, she could do a spring over setup - although, I don't know if I would recommend that.
Sounds like there's some options there. Thanks Eddie.
Some vehicles even run the axle on top of the leaf springs and you can flip it under the springs to gain height. Likely a good kit will have everything. I hear good stuff about Toytec.
Not sure if her axle is over or under them. I'll pass the Toytec name along and see where that leads too. Thanks Doug.

A higher end option would be to run some nice coilovers, shocks and upper control arm with a performance replacement rear spring from someone like Atlas Spring in So Cal. It'll net you about 3" total lift and be a blast on dirt roads.

Draconianwinter

So basically a budget boost type approach for the rear and larger coils for the front?

Depends on the front axle. Don't know anything about the tundra. Ford's and such tend to run torsion bars which can be adjusted fir up to 2.5 inches of lift. Allot just depends on the amount of lift she wants and the front end set up abbey of citrate how much you wish to spend

Sent from my SM-N920V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Draconianwinter

Allot of people will do a soa , and personally I day is a bad idea. Come to think of it we Susie's thay on a guys cj build on here before lol

They're already spring over rear. The front is an IFS coil over shock set up. There are spacer kits, replacement struts like a Bilstien 5100 and full blown coilovers. I personally don't dig spacers in coilovers, screws up the geometry. Tundras are notorious for poor alignment when the suspension cycles.

Do it the right way with a strut or coilover and an upper control arm and it'll be a solid rig with good ride and drive.

Draconianwinter

They're already spring over rear. The front is an IFS coil over shock set up. There are spacer kits, replacement struts like a Bilstien 5100 and full blown coilovers. I personally don't dig spacers in coilovers, screws up the geometry. Tundras are notorious for poor alignment when the suspension cycles.

Do it the right way with a strut or coilover and an upper control arm and it'll be a solid rig with good ride and drive.
Didn't know they designed them on a soa. Good to know if this ever comes up again

Top Bottom