PR44 with 8 stud pattern

Ddays

Hooked
Im referring to the FF60. The SF60 is normally 5x5.5 and I'm not sure if you can change that although I don't see why not

The SF is normally shipped with the studs installed in a 5x5 pattern. The flanges do have the 5x5.5 holes in them. I would imagine they could ship with the 5x5.5 if you asked :idontknow:

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
The SF is normally shipped with the studs installed in a 5x5 pattern. The flanges do have the 5x5.5 holes in them. I would imagine they could ship with the 5x5.5 if you asked :idontknow:

Your definitely right. The SF60 normally comes in 5x5.. Wasn't thinking straight.

I was going to go the SF60 route when I purchased my axles that way I could keep my slabs that are 5x5, and I wasn't sure I would go over 37's. I ultimately went full float 8 lug and had to sell the slabs..

So say a guy was looking at going to a FF 8 lug rear axle and has a PR44 front already. No plans to go over 37" or do a V8 conversion, so really a PR60 front would be overkill.
Why wouldn't swapping out the existing knuckles on the PR44 to the D60 knuckles like Dynatrac offers with their 60/44 hybrid be a cheaper alternative than bumping up to a PR60?
Anyone seen/heard/know of this being done? Good idea/stupid idea?

https://www.dynatrac.com/axle-assemblies/prorock-44-60-hybrid-axle.html

View attachment 232812

Pro Rock 44 tubing is 3.0” diameter x .313” or .50” wall
Pro Rock 60 and Pro Rock 44/60 Hybrid tubing is 3.125” x .50” wall

In order to modify a Pro Rock 44 to run Pro 60 wheel ends, you would need to cut and remove the Pro Rock 44 end forgings and purchase/install Pro 60 end forgings, which as you see from the tubing dims do not fit the Pro Rock 44 tubing without sleeving the outside of the tube. You also have to dial-in the correct caster and camber angles on each end forgings installed. Then you have to knock out the Pro Rock 44 30 spline seal and seal bushing and install a 35 spline seal, then you have to install a 35 spline ARB RD147, then purchase all the Pro 60 wheel ends and 35 spline inner & outer shafts..

Basically it is a lot of custom fabrication, time, extensive parts and diff cost to modify. NOT WORTH IT.

WJCO

Meme King

In order to modify a Pro Rock 44 to run Pro 60 wheel ends, you would need to cut and remove the Pro Rock 44 end forgings and purchase/install Pro 60 end forgings, which as you see from the tubing dims do not fit the Pro Rock 44 tubing without sleeving the outside of the tube. You also have to dial-in the correct caster and camber angles on each end forgings installed. Then you have to knock out the Pro Rock 44 30 spline seal and seal bushing and install a 35 spline seal, then you have to install a 35 spline ARB RD147, then purchase all the Pro 60 wheel ends and 35 spline inner & outer shafts..

Basically it is a lot of custom fabrication, time, extensive parts and diff cost to modify. NOT WORTH IT.

Wow. What a great response. :thumb: Ddays, looks like you'll be calling Dynatrac soon for your new axle :D

Ddays

Hooked

Agreed, I was exhausting all avenues & quickly realized this is not a do it yourself deal nor is it worth pursuing. Initially I thought it could possibly be accomplished by swapping the knuckles but that was quickly shot down as well. Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Dan from your office explained some of this to me in an email after I asked the question here as well. He's awesome BTW - answered all of my stupid questions in a timely manner. :thumb:

Wow. What a great response. :thumb: Ddays, looks like you'll be calling Dynatrac soon for your new axle :D

LOL - already got my quote! :bleh:

twoxstreem

It would be nice to know if the PR44 front could be converted to 5x5.5 pattern so you can go with a full float 60 rear in the future and then 5x5.5 works.

Dynatrac makes the progrip brake kits for the JK in both 5x5 and 5x5.5 so i would think its possible.

I've been trying to call Dynatrac to find out but they have not been answering.

Ddays

Hooked
It would be nice to know if the PR44 front could be converted to 5x5.5 pattern so you can go with a full float 60 rear in the future and then 5x5.5 works.

Dynatrac makes the progrip brake kits for the JK in both 5x5 and 5x5.5 so i would think its possible.

I believe the only way you could accomplish this if you used wheel adapters - that's what Eddie did on Rubicat. I've never seen a 5 x 5.5" unit bearing available for the JK's.

Sorry you've had trouble getting through, I'll get you an answer on this pronto.

We don't make a JK hub conversion kit, but do offer the option for 5 on 5.5 when someone is ordering a PR44. SpynTec makes a great conversion kit though, they were the first to make one and bring it to market.

Top Bottom