Watcha cookin'?

JAGS

Hooked
I could do without the ravioli, but the sauce has me intrigued. Care to share the recipe? Are those artichoke hearts?

Dare I explain to master chef MTG. Lol.

The sauce itself is easy, but still scratch. One can quartered artichoke hearts (in water) drained. 1-2 zucchini. Frozen corn. I always have those frozen cube fresh herbs. I use 1 cube garlic. 2 cubes basil. 1 cube red pepper. I also add dry Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sauté a bit in EVOO. Add to that 1 8oz can no sodium tomato sauce. Cook a bit with veggies. I add frozen peas here so they don't become mush. Finally I add about 3 tablespoons cream cheese. Melt down and stir in. I usually use the pasta water to build the sauce a bit. Could prob use veg or chic stock.

It's a hit with the kids and wife alike. Give it a try or put your own twist to it. You always post up great stuff. 👍

longarmwj

Beer braised pork chops:

1 large onion sliced

1 tablespoon oil

3-4 pork chops

1/2 cup of beer (I used bud light platinum)

3/4 teaspoon butter

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427421080.320250.jpg

Start by pre-heating your oven to 350. Sear both sides of the chops in a pan (I used my handy dandy electric skillet) in oil of your choice
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427421246.319361.jpg

Once the chops are browned on each side pull them out and set them aside. Throw the onions in and let them cook until they're soft. Put the chops in a pan (I use a seasoned clay pot), put the onions over the chops, pour a bottle of beer over it and salt and pepper to taste and a dollop of butter. You can also melt the butter and mix it with the beer salt and pepper like I did.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427421726.651652.jpg

Let cook in the oven for an hour and a half. Serve over rice. If you cook them correctly you won't even need a knife. They'll be the most tender chops you've ever had. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427421874.215191.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
Made a seafood pasta with salmon and shrimp.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427691117.179269.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427691131.011241.jpg

With a twist on the "pasta." It was way better than any other faux pastas I've had. This was spiral, but they also make traditional spaghetti and others. May do this from now on.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1427691203.907124.jpg

Top Bottom