Watcha cookin'?

boostdtalon

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464581663.176308.jpg
Did some chicken wings for the wive.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464581694.872825.jpg

Got this going now. Should be ready by the morning. Going to pig out on some pulled pork tomorrow after my hike.

Brute

Hooked
I ripped the bandaid when I bought my house 2 years ago and got a Big Green Egg (large). I can honestly say it has been one of the best purchases I've ever made. The dealer I got it from has had his for 23 years and still running strong. It will be the last grill I ever buy.

I used to teach and write technical service education programs for the scuba industry, which required me to travel to various scuba dealerships in the Pacific Rim...one of those locations was Okinawa. They have been cooking on kamado ceramic grills for hundreds of years...and I've eaten some great food cooked on them there. When the Green Egg became available in the states, I immediately purchased one...best grill ever. The oval shape in conjunction with the ceramic material holds heat extremely well...and you only burn either wood or lump hardwood charcoal...no chemicals. Best roast chicken you will ever have...and you can get it to 700 degrees for pizza...and properly sear a steak.

swampdog

I used to teach and write technical service education programs for the scuba industry, which required me to travel to various scuba dealerships in the Pacific Rim...one of those locations was Okinawa. They have been cooking on kamado ceramic grills for hundreds of years...and I've eaten some great food cooked on them there. When the Green Egg became available in the states, I immediately purchased one...best grill ever. The oval shape in conjunction with the ceramic material holds heat extremely well...and you only burn either wood or lump hardwood charcoal...no chemicals. Best roast chicken you will ever have...and you can get it to 700 degrees for pizza...and properly sear a steak.

Yeah, pizza and chicken are two of my faves on the egg. I'm about to post a little rib write up...

swampdog

So I smoked baby back ribs today on the big green egg.

Last night, I trimmed the ribs of the membrane on the bone side (too many people forget this step) and the extra fat on the top. I then rubbed them with a homemade dry rub with yellow mustard as the binder. Wrapped them tightly, and left them in the fridge for 16 hours. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464652707.189344.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464652717.292258.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464652732.082975.jpg

Then, lit the big green egg and layered the charcoal with peach and cherry wood chunks for a mild smoke. I rubbed the ribs with mustard and the dry run again and threw them on at 225 degrees for 2 hours (bone side always down).

After 2 hours, pulled the ribs, rubbed the ribs with dry rub and mustard again, and then spread tourbinado sugar and honey on top, put them in foil with a splash of purple grape juice, and then back in the smoker at 250 for 2 more hours. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464653004.938369.jpg

Pulled them after 2 hours at 250 ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464653032.735853.jpg . Poured the juice in a bowl and mixed 1:1 with sweet baby rays, sopped both sides, and threw them back on the grill unwrapped for 20 minutes to firm them back up. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464653173.590453.jpg One more light wipe down with sauce after removing...then it's time to plow. Served with pepper parmesan whipped potatoes. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464653208.538405.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464653231.667573.jpg

Brute

Hooked
So I smoked baby back ribs today on the big green egg.

Last night, I trimmed the ribs of the membrane on the bone side (too many people forget this step) and the extra fat on the top. I then rubbed them with a homemade dry rub with yellow mustard as the binder. Wrapped them tightly, and left them in the fridge for 16 hours. View attachment 205801 View attachment 205802 View attachment 205803

Then, lit the big green egg and layered the charcoal with peach and cherry wood chunks for a mild smoke. I rubbed the ribs with mustard and the dry run again and threw them on at 225 degrees for 2 hours (bone side always down).

After 2 hours, pulled the ribs, rubbed the ribs with dry rub and mustard again, and then spread tourbinado sugar and honey on top, put them in foil with a splash of purple grape juice, and then back in the smoker at 250 for 2 more hours. View attachment 205805

Pulled them after 2 hours at 250 View attachment 205806 . Poured the juice in a bowl and mixed 1:1 with sweet baby rays, sopped both sides, and threw them back on the grill unwrapped for 20 minutes to firm them back up. View attachment 205807 One more light wipe down with sauce after removing...then it's time to plow. Served with pepper parmesan whipped potatoes. View attachment 205808 View attachment 205809

That was awesome...I may have to buy some ribs today...

madstiles

Blackened burger, mixed cheese, Pico, jalapeno, avocado, cilantro sour cream on a buttered grilled brioche roll ! Shit needs to be on the menu!

Attachments

• 1465252821833.jpg
    1465252821833.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 66

Kyle7R

Blackened burger, mixed cheese, Pico, jalapeno, avocado, cilantro sour cream on a buttered grilled brioche roll ! Shit needs to be on the menu!

That burger looks damn good!

Here's what I'm working on today.

Attachments

• 1465408911467.jpg
    1465408911467.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 46

Kyle7R

Since your from Texas, I'm assuming that's a brisket?...

Hey now, that's not all we cook! :cheesy:

Yessir, smoking a brisket today (while it's not raining for once) for my wife's family reunion on Sunday afternoon. Gonna be bummed that I can't slice into it when it's done cooking, guess I'll just have to delay satisfaction until this weekend :brows:

Top Bottom