Watcha cookin'?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Weekend clean up.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471108293.082403.jpg

Love Saturday breakfast when I have nothing planned. Used what's left over in the fridge. Onion, mushroom, asparagus scramble. Bacon. Fried cauliflower mash.

RUBEERCON

Bought my brisket for Labor Day weekend, I won't over season this one. Pics coming Saturday. I'm sure you guys are cooking this weekend, post up some goodness.

Kyle7R

Bought my brisket for Labor Day weekend, I won't over season this one. Pics coming Saturday. I'm sure you guys are cooking this weekend, post up some goodness.

I'm ready to do another brisket, but it's either been hotter than hell or raining it's ass off here.

In the mean time, I make dinner choices on nights that the wife has class. ;)

Here's our pork chops, grilled mushrooms and potatos. Not pictured is the grilled pineapple chunks drizzled with honey and cinnamon.

Attachments

• 1472651742073.jpg
    1472651742073.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 105

RUBEERCON

Well brisket was ok, went fishing at 5am and the pellet smoker ran dry while I was out today. Trying to salvage the 40.00 investment in the oven. I'll just chop and sauce it if I have to.

Brute

Hooked
steak & wine.jpg

A 40 day dry aged ribeye, roasted brussel sprouts, fingerling taters & sautéed collards with garlic...paired with a nice local Mourvedre WA wine...named after a Pearl Jam song...

swampdog

View attachment 222468

A 40 day dry aged ribeye, roasted brussel sprouts, fingerling taters & sautéed collards with garlic...paired with a nice local Mourvedre WA wine...named after a Pearl Jam song...

What are your thoughts on the dry aged steaks? I haven't bought any from the local butcher bc the price difference is pretty significant and I'm always satisfied with the standard bone in ribeye.

Brute

Hooked
What are your thoughts on the dry aged steaks? I haven't bought any from the local butcher bc the price difference is pretty significant and I'm always satisfied with the standard bone in ribeye.

Long dry aged steaks will literally melt in your mouth...but they come with a hefty price tag. I would suggest only buying them for special occasions, like "hey, we got red wine"...

rinkishjk

Has anyone purchased the steakager? It looks like a solid product, and from what I've read and seen it makes good steaks. thesteakager.com

bthomas

So after visiting family in Ohio a few weeks back and hearing everyone rave about this chili, and not having time to try it fresh and local, I found a few cans at the grocery store. So we made it 4 way style, served over spaghetti, with cheese and onion.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474173170.302467.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1474173197.417164.jpg

All I can say is... Cincinnati, you can keep it! That stuff ain't chili in my book, or at least nothing at all like any chili in the South West. Nutmeg doesn't belong in chili, it goes in deserts!
Granted, it was canned, and every other brand of canned chili is pretty bad too, this tasted nothing like chili. I had some butter bread instead. [emoji23] Rant over.

Brute

Hooked
So after visiting family in Ohio a few weeks back and hearing everyone rave about this chili, and not having time to try it fresh and local, I found a few cans at the grocery store. So we made it 4 way style, served over spaghetti, with cheese and onion.

View attachment 223135

View attachment 223136

All I can say is... Cincinnati, you can keep it! That stuff ain't chili in my book, or at least nothing at all like any chili in the South West. Nutmeg doesn't belong in chili, it goes in deserts!
Granted, it was canned, and every other brand of canned chili is pretty bad too, this tasted nothing like chili. I had some butter bread instead. [emoji23] Rant over.

Perhaps best left in the emergency rations hidden in the jeep somewhere...

Top Bottom